sigh. borderline

Book 6 1 AM 68% 1 PM 63% 2 AM 68% 2 PM 75% 3 AM 57% 3 PM 70% avg 68% Book 7 1 AM 68% 1 PM 70% 2 AM 70% 2 PM 65% 3 AM 63% 3 PM 68% avg 68% CFAI Sample 75% Mock 70% I reckon I am borderline. Hello band 10! It’s a toss up for the final week: - re-read Schweser one more time, or - review all the practice exams Anybody’s opinions appreciated

you got some good scores, I would not worry. I say you have a better chance of passing than I did last year and I am a proud band 10 member. I missed it by a few ques so if your getting those scores now, you have a good chance of passing this beast. I would concentrate on your weak areas by going over the Schweser on those and do some questions to cement those weak areas. Once you did that, review everything again and pay the extra $$$ to do the CFA sample exam.

You have a more than a week to bring up your scores a couple of points. You’ll be sailing into LIII. I hope I’m coming with you.

thanks for the encouragement Targeting weak points in L2 is not as easy as L1 I reckon - sometimes I’ll ace a derivatives vignette 6/6 and the next exam I’ll pull 2/6. As many people have said, luck may play a bit of a role on exam day anyway, enough navel-gazing from me, back to the books…

im with you newsuper… averaged like 65 on book 6, 60 on book 7, 64 on the samples and 78 on first AM mock… So i have band 9 or 10 written on my forehead too, but doesnt mean im not gonna try like hell to push myself over that line before the big day

A couple of things: #1, the thing that people who post their scores never do is assign a date to them so that we can discount them accordingly; a 68 on April 30th is WAY better than a 68 on May 30th, IMHO. #2, how did you average the same on Book 7 as on Book 6? I realize that you must’ve (obviously) taken them later, but from what I understand, Book 7’s so hard that it doesn’t matter when you taken them. #3, do you really feel like you’re borderline? Whereas your Book 6 scores (no offense) are much weaker than mine (I’m 75+ for the combined AM and PM, with my lowest “half” at 68), I don’t think (simply based on “reputation”) that I would do as well as you on Book 7. However, my CFA mock scores are 73 AM and 78 PM (I’m pretty consisten around that 75 mark). Anyways, that was a long-winded way of me asking for someone to tell me that I’m going to pass. I’m so pathetic.

I’m doing a combination of review and looking at old questions because I want to make sure I don’t repeat my mistakes. I’m not sure how helpful re-reading the entire Schweser material all over again unless you’re consistently scoring the same in all sections… are there any specific areas you have trouble with? It seems more efficient to me to pick out your weak areas and start with those, and do what you can to improve there before moving on to your next-weakest area.

skillionaire, you are one of the brightest on team AF… you dont pass, then i dont pass… so i need you to be strong

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Book 6 > 1 AM 68% > 1 PM 63% > 2 AM 68% > 2 PM 75% > 3 AM 57% > 3 PM 70% > > avg 68% > > Book 7 > 1 AM 68% > 1 PM 70% > 2 AM 70% > 2 PM 65% > 3 AM 63% > 3 PM 68% > > avg 68% > > CFAI > Sample 75% > Mock 70% > > > I reckon I am borderline. Hello band 10! > > It’s a toss up for the final week: > - re-read Schweser one more time, or > - review all the practice exams > > Anybody’s opinions appreciated My opinion is. . . PASS. Keep at it and you are $$$.

That’s very nice of you to say, and I appreciate that - honestly I’m such an arrogant phuck that I like my chances of passing because I’m (I think) pretty intelligent and I’ve put my time in - that being said, like everyone else I have topics that bend me over, and with how lumpy this test is, there could easily be an inordinate amount of those on exam day. I see people who were getting high 70s last year on practice tests and who are retaking this year and some seeds of doubt creep into my head.

same here, see other scores from last yr and it scares the crap out of me… also arrogant, think i am pretty bright and am gettin close to 300 hours… But at the same time, I guess we are decently bright to make it to this point. I am hoping for a non-lumpy test… a whole item set on treynor black shows up, i would sign up for 2/6 right now and take that happily…

^^dont worry, you will sink the eagle.

You are pretty consistent. I’d guess last year’s pass rate was 65%. You have a good amount of time to sharpen up your skills. You have obviously put the time in. For me, on exam day, my brain works a lot better. . . if you are the same way you are golden.

Well, the OP has a mean score (not counting the sample, just the full exams) of 67.5 with a standard deviation of 2.84 (numbers are based off consolidated AM/PM scores) If the MPS is 70, you got about a 35% chance of passing or so If the MPS is 67, you got about a 55% chance of passing or so Of course, this isn’t adjusting for the fact that some of those scores are probably from before you fully studied, and the fact that people are saying book 7 is materially harder then what the exam probably will be like. If you do nothing between now and the exam, I’d give you at least 50/50 of passing.

Actually, Book 7 is not that bad. I think it’s really living off its Level 1 reputation. They do throw you the odd curly one, but in general I found it to be on a par or maybe slightly harder than Book 6, but nothing like it was for L1. If you have it and you have the time I’d recommend giving it a go.

Oh, also, another bad assumption with those numbers is the fact that any individual’s test scores probably isn’t a normal distribution, it probably has a kurtosis < 3