Hedgefund Benchmarking

Were the looking for specific hedgefund benchmarking items, or could any 3 from the samuri list work? I thought median fund was way too ambiguous.

for some reason, I blew this also. Total brain f*rt.

Not specified in advance, not investable (transparency problem), put one another as third.

hedged my bet…not sure… put down 2 from the samuraui list and for last one put survivrship bias

iloveswaps629 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hedged my bet…not sure… > put down 2 from the samuraui list and for last one > put survivrship bias 2 biases. one samurai…

I thought the hedge fund biases were: survivorship stale prices backfill

3 reasons have to list out…My answer is 1) bias 2) not investible 3) not specify in advance

The thing that should have tipped everyone off to samurai was the “median” part. I think if they were looking for the other it would’ve been more general.

my sense is the biases are better… but i think it’s all good

^ well see. I really think the median part was the CFAI’s way of tipping people off - but maybe they will accept both!!

1. Fund managers tend to show good result and hide bad result. Upward bias. 2. Popularity Bias 3. Survivorship Bias

Hmm…i put not investable, not specificied and ambiguous since they referred to “Manager Universe”.

I used samurai as it was not under an alternative investments questions but rather a monitoring questions (based it on the study session it came from)

Didn’t it say that they were thinking of a manager’s universe as the benchmark (or something to that effect). In that case, wouldn’t you use SAMURAI?

all i remember is they proposed the “median of a universe of hedge funds” or something like that and I just kept sitting there saying “median what, median what, median what???” I initially started with survivorship bias but went back to samuri because I just had no damn clue what they were actually proposing.

landrybj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used samurai as it was not under an alternative > investments questions but rather a monitoring > questions (based it on the study session it came > from) Good thinking…

I put down all of samurai then picked 3 that it failed. Median universe fails everything apart from measurable. Think I chose to elaborate on unambiguous, specified in advance, investable.

kwokchun30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3 reasons have to list out…My answer is 1) bias > 2) not investible 3) not specify in advance take it to the bank.

cdogstu77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmm…i put not investable, not specificied and > ambiguous since they referred to “Manager > Universe”. Exactly what I did.

Me too