Tying LOS to Work Experience

CFAI website has these examples on the website for work descriptions: https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/charterholder/membership/work_descriptions.html Folks have matched their work experience with LOS. So, can someone list their experience & LOS? For example, your work as an quantitative analyst, so you put in this (from CFAI link): As a financial engineer in an asset management company, I am responsible for evaluating product development and using quantitative methods and tools to recommend asset allocations, construct portfolios, and perform derivative analysis. How do you tie it back to LOS? Do you list your job description and say that I performed duties similiar to LOS X.X (Level I, II), LOS Y.Y (Level III) etc. etc?

Level II LOS 28d: Explain how sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, and Monte Carlo simulation can be used to assess the stand-alone risk of a capital project; I spend most of my time on shock analysis and scenario analysis seeing how our balance sheet, income, prepayments, market values, etc. are affected by interest rates and other factors. In writing my current job’s description I tried to use the buzz words found in LOS like the one above. In addition, a very small part of my job is to calculate the OAS of my bank’s MBS portfolio which is done using Monte Carlo Simulation. I wouldn’t normally include this in a job description, but because of LOS 28d I mentioned it. I did not point out the LOS by name. I look at it like fishing, if you hit a fish in the head with your lure the fish won’t bite, but if you put the lure near him and let the fish ‘discover’ the lure he will be more inclined to do so.

abacus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a financial engineer in an asset management > company, I am responsible for evaluating product > development and using quantitative methods and > tools to recommend asset allocations, construct > portfolios, and perform derivative analysis. > Write that sentence and add, in parenthesis, an example of a quantitative method you use. Done and done. Approved.

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > abacus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > As a financial engineer in an asset management > > company, I am responsible for evaluating > product > > development and using quantitative methods and > > tools to recommend asset allocations, construct > > portfolios, and perform derivative analysis. > > > > Write that sentence and add, in parenthesis, an > example of a quantitative method you use. Done > and done. Approved. This is basiscally what I did.

thanks.

I don’t think you need to relate it to a specific LOS more just the languages and material in the curriculum. I work in software an posted my job description (first on was reject the next accepted). See here for the differences http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,901749,page=2 (the second post on page)