Flowers from the Institute: Urban legend or fact?

A friend of a collegue of a friend (etc etc) managed to get the highest score (relative to other candidates) for one of the CFA exams. He was sent flowers and congratulations by CFA Institute, they say. I can’t believe this is true; do AF people have information or an opinion on this?

CFA states specifically on the website that they don’t engage in this kind of bullcrap.

That’s what I would hope as well. Still, stories like these travel around the world.

I heard the highest L3 score in the world gets a handjob from the director of the CFAI. Don’t know if it’s true or not…

I got a hand signed note for my performance on Level 2. I was also invited to lecture at the NYSSA. That’s just me though.

Mandelbrot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard the highest L3 score in the world gets a > handjob from the director of the CFAI. Don’t know > if it’s true or not… That’s level 1. Level 2 is oral, Level 3 botty lovin’.

My understanding is the highest score in every test center gets to bang the invigilator of their choice. I saw some pretty strong candidates for the fizz at the Washington convention center

Mandelbrot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard the highest L3 score in the world gets a > handjob from the director of the CFAI. Don’t know > if it’s true or not… I’ll settle for 2nd highest score in that case. http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/overview/governance/ceobio.html

pingdanny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My understanding is the highest score in every > test center gets to bang the invigilator of their > choice. I saw some pretty strong candidates for > the fizz at the Washington convention center only one? :frowning: gonna be a tough decision mate…

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll settle for 2nd highest score in that case. > > http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/overview/gover > nance/ceobio.html Did anyone notice the little option on the right do download images of this dude!? Why the f*** would anyone want to do that? Why would they even THINK of having such a feature available? Good God…

http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/utility/images/people/rogers_john_high_color.jpg

nm

I think it’s a fact, not a legend. A friend of mine took Level I in June of this year. When he came home after a business trip last week, he noticed a dozen of red roses in a nice crystal vase. He asked his wife where the flowers came from and she said that the CFAI sent them because he did very well on the exam.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think it’s a fact, not a legend. > > A friend of mine took Level I in June of this > year. When he came home after a business trip > last week, he noticed a dozen of red roses in a > nice crystal vase. He asked his wife where the > flowers came from and she said that the CFAI sent > them because he did very well on the exam. She’s good. I wonder if she helped “CFAI” come up with a good way to explain the credit card bill to Mrs. CFAI?