my boss asking "when are the results coming out"

This is not a good sign. makes me wanna drink before they are even out.

I have a relatively new boss who is a charterholder. I submitted my expense report for my affiliate membership renewal and she refused to sign it and told the secretary “we need to wait to see if he passed or not”. (nice that she chose to discuss it with the secretary and not me). I went directly to the president of my organization (a friend for over 10 years), complained, and he agreed that was BS. About 30 minutes later they were having a closed door meeting and I will be getting a signature, trust me. This is about the 5th or 6th time she has pulled dumb crap on me like this in the last 6 months. For example, for the past 3 years, the company has given me the week off, paid, prior to the exam, but she refused to authorize that this year, made me take vacation time, and said “the CFA is your time, not the company’s time” I said to her “my time is spending time with my family, playing golf, etc, not reading about derivatives and I wouldn’t be doing this if it weren’t for work” Needless to say I lost that argument. Clearly I understand that not all people are fortunate enough to get paid time off, but a precedent had sort of been set in prior years (and not just for me). This one is a real keeper and hopefully someone else will be stupid enough to hire her away from my organization.

Try fucking her. Normally works.

Just tell her “On 18 August 2009, no earlier than 9:00 a.m. ET.” That should shut her up.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just tell her “On 18 August 2009, no earlier than > 9:00 a.m. ET.” That should shut her up. Yeah right, then that b1tch will be standing over your shoulder on 8/18 @ 9am while you check your results.

What does an affiliate membership cost per year? ~$200 I find that absolutely ridiculous. To frustrate and demoralize a professional employee over a couple hundred bucks. I could not work for a company with policies like that. Makes me feel very lucky to work for the firm I do.

I think the dues for both CFAI and the local chapter were $325

bhill020 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What does an affiliate membership cost per year? > ~$200 > > I find that absolutely ridiculous. To frustrate > and demoralize a professional employee over a > couple hundred bucks. I could not work for a > company with policies like that. Makes me feel > very lucky to work for the firm I do. My friend works for Computer Science Corporation and over the 2008 holidays they sent their employees vouchers for a free lunch… at their building cafeteria. Then, after the vouchers had already been sent out, they posted something in the cafeteria saying the vouchers were no longer good for a free meal but rather they were good for $2 off or something like that. Morale over there is AWFUL.

Is she pretty?

if you like chicks in their mid 40s that run marathons, have no chest, and try to fool people that they are blonde, then yes

i hate d0uchey bosses.

That frigging bitch must be wanting you on a plate, file a sexual harassment suit

If tour description of your boss is correct, she is an immature fool. If I were you, I would arrange for a serious talk with her. It sounds like she is demoralizing you and as a boss she should do the exact opposite. True leaders treat their employees with respect in order to create loyalty. If she doesn’t change her attitude you should mention it to her superior.

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If tour description of your boss is correct, she > is an immature fool. > > If I were you, I would arrange for a serious talk > with her. It sounds like she is demoralizing you > and as a boss she should do the exact opposite. > True leaders treat their employees with respect in > order to create loyalty. > > If she doesn’t change her attitude you should > mention it to her superior. I gotta say, in this sort of situation I would just leave and get a new job - of course times are different and your strategy may be the only option