Level III requirements

I was just told that in order to be eligible for Level III you need to have a minimum of two years work experience. I did not know this was the case. Could anyone verify this? I can’t find the relevant info on the CFAI website. Cheers.

my understanding is your “eligibility for Level 3” is determined by passing level 2! perhaps someone was referring to the work requirement needed for the affiliate membership, which I believe was 2 years of relevant work experience, plus you had to pass level 1

I just took level 3 in June with zero qualifying work experience. There is no work experience requirement to take any of the three CFA exams, only to get your charter after you’ve passed all three.

Great, thanks. That’s what I told the douchebag but he insisted he was right. I know about the work experience requirement to get the charter though. Windjammer, how did you find doing the level 3 exam without any work experience? I’m in the same boat - graduated from college in Dec 2008, gave my Level 1 exam in the same month, cleared that and just did Level 2 in June. Cheers.

he was a dbag and thats why he was insisting being righteous my frnd…no need of any work ex until application for charter

Yep, no experience here either. It was less hard than LII (in my mind). Your friend is a retard, you should probably spend more time hanging out with people that know what they’re talking about.

Yet ! you need that otherwise, stay away. You just need to read and find the answer. That is one stupid question to ask. I am sorry for rudeness.