L3 Grading over? Let's guess the pass rate.

I would guess that the L3 grading is over based on this link. http://events.linkedin.com/CFA-Institute-Grading/pub/89744 Anyone want to guess the pass rate will be? Any guesses on the pass rates being higher (i wish) or lower? I guess 50% +/- 5%. sh34

You think it could be as low as 45%? It hasn’t been that low recently, if ever. I’d say more like 55% +/- 5%, but who knows.

for those who are wasting their time guessing what will be the pass rate. I hope you all fail.

CFA_IND Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for those who are wasting their time guessing what > will be the pass rate. > Isn’t the IM industry primarily focused on making educated “guesses” on future outcomes? I think you can apply the same forward-looking logic on the pass rate. My ‘projection’ (do you like that term better?) for L3 pass rate is upward trending given: Lowest ever pass rate in 2008, (lots of seasoned retakers) 2009 material virtually identical to 2008, meaning retakers should cruise Many unemployed people, likely will do well People study harder during recessions

CFA_IND Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for those who are wasting their time guessing what > will be the pass rate. > > I hope you all fail. For all those who act like a dick: you are one.

I think it’s gonna be high. I am saying 65%.

100%, woo-hoo, we all passed!

CFA_IND Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for those who are wasting their time guessing what > will be the pass rate. > > I hope you all fail. you passed last year, right? you could probably find a better use of your time than coming on here and telling people you hope they fail.

For Level III I will go with 56%

58.8797979879854136789942%

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 58.8797979879854136789942% I was right there with you until the 2 sextillionth.

Rounding error

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Shrute Farms Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 58.8797979879854136789942% > > > I was right there with you until the 2 > sextillionth. lets not make this forum any more geekier…

57%

whystudy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Shrute Farms Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > 58.8797979879854136789942% > > > > > > I was right there with you until the 2 > > sextillionth. > > > lets not make this forum any more geekier… I’m not sure that is possible.

the average pass rate of last six years is 61%, but this number of 2008 and 2007 is 50%\53%, so I guess this year is 58%-64%.

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 58.8797979879854136789942% Major overconfidence bias. You should use a range

CFAI has decided everyone passes this year…they think we have seen enough harship due to the market and job losses so they are going to be nice and pass everyone… NOT

CFA_IND Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for those who are wasting their time guessing what > will be the pass rate. > > I hope you all fail. I hope you get fired very soon at your job so that one of us can take it.

man some of these threads are mean!!