Best way to deal with a fail

I really don’t want to see any word that starts with F on the judgement day. What are you guys planning to do if you happenend to be one of the unlucky ones? I am planning to briefly mention the news to my wife and boss and then head to gym. I will have a very hard workout for couple of hours and later go home and sleep. The next day will be a different day.

i have a couple of huge deadlines on the 19th so I will suck it up and save it for the weekend

Cry like a bitch.

i failed L2 in the infamous 07 exam and it was tough over the first few days…but after boozing a bit and football season beginning, got me over it pretty quickly. second time around was much easier, but i did not cut my studying time at all—actually probably worked harder. i used the same regiment in L3, so hope it pays off in 3 weeks.

Is it me, or does it seem that every CFA candidate always has to talk about how they work out?

It’s too soon to be going down this path of dealing with failure. I’d say if you think you have no chance of passing, then prep, otherwise wait until a few days at least before hand.

The best way to deal with a fail is to take a step back and put it into perspective rather than getting all flustered. Well, that and cry like a b!tch. And of course work out with tkchunc.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The best way to deal with a fail is to take a step > back and put it into perspective rather than > getting all flustered. Exactly. While acknowledging that a Fail would be terrible and knowing how many hours of your existence it will cost you; in the big scheme of things it is not a big deal.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The best way to deal with a fail is to take a > step > > back and put it into perspective rather than > > getting all flustered. > > Exactly. While acknowledging that a Fail would be > terrible and knowing how many hours of your > existence it will cost you; in the big scheme of > things it is not a big deal. That’s easy for you to say smart guy. Have you failed a level?

I don’t know how I will take it. It’s a big deal for me as I failed last year and knew what to expect this time round and was close and probably knew enough going into the exam to pass so if I failed it was due to performance not lack of studying. Also I have always said the previous years didn’t matter because I didn’t have the work experience but now I do, so really I am out of excuses.

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin’ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Black Swan Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > The best way to deal with a fail is to take a > > step > > > back and put it into perspective rather than > > > getting all flustered. > > > > Exactly. While acknowledging that a Fail would > be > > terrible and knowing how many hours of your > > existence it will cost you; in the big scheme > of > > things it is not a big deal. > > > That’s easy for you to say smart guy. Have you > failed a level? No, but I have a grandmother with pancreatic cancer that can’t be operated on who is in essence waiting to die. After being diagnosed her daughter, my aunt, had her move in with them only to have my uncle, her husband, diagnosed with prostate cancer a few months later. I acknowledge that failing the test would be terrible, but in the big scheme of things I maintain that it is not a big deal.

I will workout and then walk around town with my muscles all oiled upped, crying like a bitch

If I fail again this year, I’ll do the same thing I did last year - close my browser and go back to work.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Shrute Farms Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Bankin’ Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Black Swan Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > The best way to deal with a fail is to take > a > > > step > > > > back and put it into perspective rather > than > > > > getting all flustered. > > > > > > Exactly. While acknowledging that a Fail > would > > be > > > terrible and knowing how many hours of your > > > existence it will cost you; in the big scheme > > of > > > things it is not a big deal. > > > > > > That’s easy for you to say smart guy. Have you > > failed a level? > > > No, but I have a grandmother with pancreatic > cancer that can’t be operated on who is in essence > waiting to die. After being diagnosed her > daughter, my aunt, had her move in with them only > to have my uncle, her husband, diagnosed with > prostate cancer a few months later. > > I acknowledge that failing the test would be > terrible, but in the big scheme of things I > maintain that it is not a big deal. Dude, sorry to hear about your family. I was just busting balls. My bad.

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Dude, sorry to hear about your family. I was just > busting balls. My bad. No worries. Actually a few months back a family member called to tell me that my uncle was diagnosed with cancer, but before they could get it out I started b!tching about how stressed out I was with Level III studying. After hearing the news and thinking of my grandmother I made it a point to keep everything in perspective. How do you think that you did on the exam?

“my advice to you would be to start drinking heavily” ----Boone, Animal House

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Shrute Farms Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Dude, sorry to hear about your family. I was > just > > busting balls. My bad. > > No worries. Actually a few months back a family > member called to tell me that my uncle was > diagnosed with cancer, but before they could get > it out I started b!tching about how stressed out I > was with Level III studying. After hearing the > news and thinking of my grandmother I made it a > point to keep everything in perspective. > > How do you think that you did on the exam? I felt better about my chance of passing right after it was over. Right now I am not very confident. I know you passed.

I am not prepared to fail so who knows how I will handle it. Maybe go berserk or something.

Pass or Fail, Vegas has it right with his username. You can drown your sorrow in liquor or do lines off of strippers.

Its all perspective. Bankin ironed it out. I was just diagnosed with cancer myself and am having surgery next week. I’ll be getting back in the office the week results come out. If I see a fail, I can tell you with complete confidence I will not give two s–ts after what I have been through the last few weeks. \ Try waiting around a week for biopsy results. It makes taking these tests seem like a cakewalk.