46% pass rate on Level 1

good sign

yup! hope it’s 60-70 for us…

damn it…soon everyone will have a CFA, high pass rates should only be for the exam I am sitting for.

Who knows if this will translate over fellas… I just started sweating bullets now that the LI candidates got their results. Damn!

That’s a very high passing rate. I hope they don’t compensate that by failing more L3’s…

Since I have been in this program, I never seen that much ppl pass level I. Contrary to some ego nerd here, I think it is a goog sign. Too few ppl pass level 1. I am on the those who beleive the more ppl pass the level 1, the better it is for the program. That will give the program more exposure. Make the difference in L2 by making it harder for ppl to move to L3 so that the program can retain its “prestigue”. I don’t even know if this last exist in english. Do ask me and i don’t dare to look it up in a dic. Compare to my L3, is was only 32%. Hopefully, L3 will be in the 60-70% so that I can pass:-)

CFA Institute must be dying for membership fees. This rate is ludicrous!

Looks like the models they ran saying having only 3 multiple choice answers wouldn’t affect the outcome were dead wrong.

Looking throught the results post, man, unbelievable how many went all over 70%. Looks like they took some bite out of the L1 exam this year. The ole heart kicked er up a notch since I seen this thread. I wasn’t even aware L1 results were out today. 3 weeks to go…almost 4 weeks for me :frowning: Back to enjoying my summer now.

i still don’t get how could 3 choice answers could improve the pass rate. as far as i remember, the 4th answer was crap anyways. just think about our PM session. there were questions were 2 out of 3 were intensely debated weeks after the exam.

Based on my regression equation from the history of CFA results…a 46% L1 pass rate (x variable) translates into a 65.7% pass rate for L3 and a 52.3% pass rate for L2

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Based on my regression equation from the history > of CFA results…a 46% L1 pass rate (x variable) > translates into a 65.7% pass rate for L3 and a > 52.3% pass rate for L1 I was just about to do this just for the hell of it.

I went thru the program in 2.5 years (Dec '06, June '07, and June '08). The pass rate on all 3 were 35%*40%*50 = roughly 7/100 make it thru without fail. If these rates hold up, more like 20/100 will make it thru. This is bull.

Might be a few problems in forecasting there 46% pass rate is a huge swing from previous years, no way they can attribute that to a smarter pool of candidates. I think of all three tests, LI would obviously benefit the most from the 4 to 3 switch. I doubt LII and LIII pass rates will fluctuate as much.

Huongz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went thru the program in 2.5 years (Dec '06, > June '07, and June '08). The pass rate on all 3 > were 35%*40%*50 = roughly 7/100 make it thru > without fail. > > If these rates hold up, more like 20/100 will make > it thru. This is bull. You’re awesome. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not!

Huongz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went thru the program in 2.5 years (Dec '06, > June '07, and June '08). The pass rate on all 3 > were 35%*40%*50 = roughly 7/100 make it thru > without fail. > > If these rates hold up, more like 20/100 will make > it thru. This is bull. I think youll see a drop in LII and LIII after next year - fringe candidates who played the guessing game will be more easily weeded out in LII

Historically - L2 and L3 pass rates are always higher than L1. I am expecting this year’s pass rate would be in mid to high 50s for L2 and in 60s for L3.

My guesses are L2----52% L3----61%

jasonms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My guesses are > > L2----52% > L3----61% that will do it for me

L2 - 56% L3 - 65%