Let's Kill Some Time - Would you rather....

Would you rather Inherit $40,000 today (net of tax) or have to start over and take level 1, 2, and 3 over again…

I would prefer inheriting $40,000 today to having to start over and take the 3 exams again.

wow, that’s amazing. I’d probably take the cash.

No brainer for me. Getting designation results in an immediate raise of close to $10,000 per year.

Blamey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wow, that’s amazing. I’d probably take the cash. You would rather have cash than have to take 3 exams again!? Crazy.

Are you examaniac?

I think the question was worded wrong. It’s an opportunity cost. If you accept the 40,000 you have to retake the exam. So is it worth 40,000 to go through this process (again). The answer is no in my case. Shove the 40K

if i have the knowledge i have today and have to rewrite but with 40k in pocket, its a nobrainer to take the 40g’s and rewrite them and easily go 3/3.

I’ll take 40k even if they would not let me take exam ever again and just forfeit my scores.

No at 40k, might consider for 100k. My answer might be different at 9:01 ET on the 18th though.

$1,000,000 yes people this is my price…for a million bucks i can do anything

if you spent 300 hours on each level ( some spent more - some spent less ) - then you’re being paid 44$ an hour to retake all 3 levels - and you get it up front that’s 92g’s annualized assuming a 40 hour week - ( and assuming you passed all 3 again - which might be easier said than done ) some here may make more - some may make less - either way - its not bad coin and i still say no way !

chiffy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you spent 300 hours on each level ( some spent > more - some spent less ) - then you’re being > paid 44$ an hour to retake all 3 levels - and you > get it up front > > that’s 92g’s annualized assuming a 40 hour week - > ( and assuming you passed all 3 again - which > might be easier said than done ) > > > some here may make more - some may make less - > either way - its not bad coin > > and i still say no way ! i highly doubt anyone, even those who spent 300 hours the first time around, would spend the same amount of time again. i’m going with 80 hours and $165/hr. i only spent 125hrs on each level, if i pass L3 that is and i think 80hours would be more than enough the second time around. you have to use the new time committed as the time committed the first time around is a sunk cost.

then its a no brainer for you.

gimme the cash

If anything, CFA has done very little for me. Maybe some brownie points, but mostly frowns at work at taking time off to study instead of being more devoted to, you know, actually working.

you have to pay me way more than 45k…not so much the hours of studying but the wait for results each time and 2.5 years of my life again, even if only minimal hours needed to be spent on studying…I just don’t want the stress anymore…

At 100k I’d think about it. You’d have to spend another $4.5k just to register and buy the new Schweser notes… Just having to think about these exams for 1.5 more years and having to sit through 3 more of these isn’t worth the 40k for me.

I swear to you, I’d take $10K without batting an eye, even if I couldn’t go back and retake the exams. I have the knowledge, the titles the are meaningless to me.

i would never go back. i want my life back.