If you pass, any big plans?

I am definitely headed to Vegas for a few days and possibly to Southern Oregon to visit my sister and her husband I am also considering getting a small tatoo of the CFA logo

A week in London for me… :slight_smile: The tattoo idea rocks…better yet…lets form the CFA biker gang!!!lol

charlottesville in the house…bunch of nerds riding around on motorscooters pounding Zimas I jokingly asked last year if you got the tatoo, and stopped paying dues and didn’t sign your PCS, would you be violating the Code and Standards? I think that would be a good question for an item set b’more as in Baltimore?

I am going to get the phrase “Certified Financial Awesome” encircling my right bicep

Planning to dump the current g/f and get a new one.

I was thinking of making a big pile of CFA/study guides and other materials on the front yard and burning it while toasting marshmallows and drinking tequila… Vegas in September with the boys… Disneyworld in February with the kids…

No plans really, but I think I will be really really happy, as I’ve failed L3 twice already. Very confident after the exam (compared to '07 & '08), but for some reason my confidence is waning a bit now…

If I pass I plan to do some partying. The same holds true if I don’t pass of course.

If I pass, I’m taking my family to Disney World.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I pass I plan to do some partying. The same > holds true if I don’t pass of course. that too, captain crunch

charlottesville in the house…bunch of nerds riding around on motorscooters pounding Zimas I jokingly asked last year if you got the tatoo, and stopped paying dues and didn’t sign your PCS, would you be violating the Code and Standards? I think that would be a good question for an item set b’more as in Baltimore? … Baltimore it is, im trying to stay optimistic and expect the best yet again, And i dont mind an expensive vacation this year coz when i see some guys complain that they’re boss or 2-3 other people asked them about the results a few times, i go like uhhhh… consider this…if every one from the freakin receptionist to the principals of the firm are well aware when the results out, and to make it worse theyre planning to throw you a lunch party when ure done…the situation was the same wen i took level 2 last yr… worse than chinese torture…??..sorry for digressing

throwing a party…

> >Planning to dump the current g/f and get a new one. > “It’s always been my dream, that once I pass Level III of the CFA exam, to break up with whoever I’m dating and then date someone new…” or however it went.

Filet Mignon and fine wine

Not feeling very good at all about the exam results (maybe because its been soooo long since I took I can hardly remember) anyway I’m gonna get another watch if I pass

drinking a lot maybe i’ll plan a small vacation for myself.

i’m expecting nothing from work and family. i think work couldn’t care less and family is expecting something from me for having to put up w/ my studying. I will celebrate this accomplishment by doing what I do every weeknight. Watch the Sox game and drink alone, except this time it will be with a Remy XO instead of The High Life.

France / Switzerland trip in Mid september. I was going to book it around when marks come out, but if I failed it would of put a damper on my trip so i figure 1 month from marks is a good time to have a cool down period and enough time to be happy that " at least i dont have to study until January " mode.

August 18, 2009 will be a pretty important day for me. A pass will make me a little happy and surprised but more miserable. The reason is I would have passed CFA levels without any relevant experience to make a career change. If I pass, I will have to look harder to change career to finance; friends and family won’t let me be if I just give up after putting so many hours into this. Resume will have to be written to wring out finance related stuff from my work experience. That will be fun:-) If I fail, I can justify to my family that I am no good with any thing finance and just give up the whole career changing endeavor and stick to the marvelous technical area. I liked the MBA finance courses (no it was not dbag stuff) and CFA material and my heart aches to even think about giving up, but I guess I have to decide. Here I become bitter and may be a little irrational. I can not believe all the work I put in over the last three years will be decided by a fuzzy test like CFA level III. But most of this forum will proved right that passing CFA levels without any experience doesn’t “amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world”:slight_smile: My age, too much technical experience, current compensation, my comfort in my current job situation, current environment, and my young family does not help much either.