Charter Pending

Hi, I wanted to understand how “Charter Pending” works. What can one say and not say on a resume and business card? Can one say, XXX,CFA(Charter Pending)? How can one say it?

There folks have a helpful website: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candidates.html#charters Q: How do I represent myself if I have passed Level III but have not met all requirements for the award of the CFA charter? A: You may say that your status is “charter pending,” until you complete all requirements.

yes. but what is alright in a CV and a business card?

Wouldn’t put it on a business card. Try searching for “charter pending” here, there is lots of discussion every year. “I passed all three levels of the CFA Program and will be eligible for the CFA charter upon completion of the required work experience.” is one good example.

“I passed all three levels of the CFA Program and will be eligible for the CFA charter upon completion of the required work experience.” would make for one heck of a business card. Maybe you could put “My interests include travel, playing the recorder, piña coladas and getting caught in the rain.” on there also.

Maybe you could notice a dot there.