Explaining Failure to Family, Friends, Coworkers

Does anyone have any strategies for this? I have been telling my friends that I failed for about a month now, that is not really so tough. I really think that the tough part is going to be family and colleagues… does anyone have a strategy for this?

If you break down crying maybe they’ll feel sorry for you.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you break down crying maybe they’ll feel sorry > for you. Somehow I don’t think so! I might not be invited to Christmas though for bringing shame upon my family, so I can probably save money on a flight and gifts which at least is some small consolation.

No one here failed! Only a few more days! Damnit stupid CFA

I tell them it’s a hard test and they are failing half the candidates that have made it past the first two levels simple as that

If your family cannot accept you for who you are not what test you pass then something is WRONG!

agreed we - as candidates - not surprisingly - put the most pressure on ourselves - nobody will ( should) be as hard on you as you will be on yourself if you fail. and they’ve seen you bust yer a$$ and sacrifice a ton to go thru three Levels at this point - you’ve already impressed them my man

Tell them to suck it in because it is none their business. Otherwise, they should try to pass. WTF, you are an L3 candicate. Did’nt you study? What should it be hard to say that you try your best and you did not make it. there will be another year.

just say cfa screwed up the result and it will another year to fix the result…in the mean time you can write again

CFA_RESULT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just say cfa screwed up the result and it will > another year to fix the result…in the mean time > you can write again LOL. I think I will go with this one really.

CFA_RESULT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just say cfa screwed up the result and it will > another year to fix the result…in the mean time > you can write again LOL. I think I will go with this one really…hopefully they wont notice that am reading again.

or tell them you passed 3 but now there is a Level 4

pingdanny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > or tell them you passed 3 but now there is a Level > 4 hahahahahahahah :slight_smile:

i would say ‘i dont’ want to talk about it’ or you could say that you passed level 2 (how many people actually remember what level you’re doing anyways!?)

I have had friends, family and clients asking me for weeks now. To every one of them I just say this Results are out *insert date and time*. If you don’t hear from me that I passed, assume I didn’t.

Thanks for the encouragement! I really hope I passed.

I have already picked out the bridge I will leap from.

As a leafs fan I would think you’d be the expert on this.

Back in L1 I gave up explaining to people (even in the finance game) what the CFA thing was. Hardly anybody knows or cares about the CFA. I’m only finishing it becuase I never quit - if I start something I always finish it. Hopefully in 2 more days it will all be over! So far I’ve managed to get away with not telling the wife anything about it. I just tell her I’m working on a project or a big deal. When I pass L3 I might tell her - but it won’t mean anything to her either, so I may not. The whole CFA thing is a bit like a secret society. About the same number of CA’s in the world as CFA charterholders (about 100,000 each I think). But CA has great branding - CA is almost mandatory for CFO or finance director roles anywhere on the planet. But CFA is the opposite - virtually unknown in the wider world. And even in the finance game people are suspiscious of it. Most confuse it with CPA or CFP.