I am afraid...

I am afraid… …of failing. …of passing! Why? Because as I went out of the exam venue I new I passed(well feelings changed) and I was a strange feeling. My thoughts were like: “Well, now I am a CFA charterholder…great…fantastic…but wait: is that all? Did I sacrifice my personell life for 2 years just to call myself a charteholder??? I do not even know any other charterholder!..They have stolen my time! They have stolen my life! Thay made me think I need to be a charterholder. Need to be part of the CFA community!These XXXXXX Hey, CFAI give me my life back! You own me 2 years!” Anyone feeling the same? At the end its just three letters that do not change who you are. I am still the person I always was. With or without these 3 letters. well, hopefully it will change my job and salary:)

superchef Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am afraid… > …of passing! Why? Because as I went out of the > exam venue I new I passed(well feelings changed) > and I was a strange feeling. My thoughts were > like: > “Well, now I am a CFA > charterholder…great…fantastic…but wait: is > that all? Did I sacrifice my personell life for 2 > years just to call myself a charteholder??? I do > not even know any other charterholder!..They have > stolen my time! They have stolen my life! Thay > made me think I need to be a charterholder. Need > to be part of the CFA community!These XXXXXX > Hey, CFAI give me my life back! You own me 2 > years!” That would be a nice problem to have.

i wouldn’t mind. i for one, didn’t let it “take” 2 years of my life. i half-assed the study committment but probably took the same amount of info as any above average cfa charterholder. i am more knowledgeable and was forced to think of theories by myself b/c there were no classes and for me, no schweser. i had to pick and choose what to learn of the textbooks. i gained more for this cfa journey than i did in university, in terms of knowledge attained …obviously not in terms of mental or spiritual growth.

This thing has taken 7 exams an 9 years out of my life. Can’t say I’m feelin ya :slight_smile:

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This thing has taken 7 exams an 9 years out of my > life. > Can’t say I’m feelin ya :slight_smile: Right there with you BB. I sat for L1 in 1999 and have taken a total of 7 exams (admittedly with a couple of BS attempts at L2). I will have no mixed feelings whatsoever if I pass this year.

good luck to you guys!

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big Babbu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This thing has taken 7 exams an 9 years out of > my > > life. > > Can’t say I’m feelin ya :slight_smile: > > > Right there with you BB. I sat for L1 in 1999 and > have taken a total of 7 exams (admittedly with a > couple of BS attempts at L2). I will have no > mixed feelings whatsoever if I pass this year. Darn, I did not start taking english classes yet. I tought that I was the longest test taker alive ( since 2004). I am glad you beat me:-) Let see if we can close that deal.