LONG TIME Since I took and passed Level II

It’s been 7 years since I took and passed Level II. To be honest I’ve forgot most of what I learned that year. Does it make sense to review Level II information before moving forward with Level III studies? Or should I just study for level III? I’d be interested to hear from those of you with a similar situation to mine.

I’d skip straight ahead to Level 3 and go back to review things you need more info on. Also if you use schweser they include Book 0 which is a short refresher of LI and LII topics you need to know for level III.

Level 2 is not that important for level 3. You should know basics but not heavy analysis. imho

I’ve taken L3 twice. Not once did I go back and have to look at my L1 or L2 stuff for reference. There really isn’t alot of rollover from L2. I think you’d be fine just jumping right into the L3 material.

Agree w/ Blamey

i was in a similar situation - passed L2 in 2004 - wrote L3 in 05 - got completely obliterated and didn’t look at it again til this year i was worried also about the long break between but i just went ahead with the L3 curriculum - you don’t really need that much from L2 and you’d be surprised how quickly the stuff comes back to you ( some of the formulas etc )

i think you’ll be ok. only once wanted to look at something from level 2 (and we had debate on here on whether it was fair or not). and i was in your exact situation for level 2 vs. level 1, but i don’t think it’s a good comparison as level 1 is basically a “tick-off box”

If I were you I’d start with Level IV, just to see what you’ll eventually be up against, and work backward all the way to Level I, then forward again to Level III and maybe just a bit (but not too far) beyond.

I took 11 years between LII and LIII. I didn’t do any review of old stuff, and if I failed it was because I didn’t know the new stuff well enough.

11 years? What are the first three digits of your candidate number? Mine are 228, as in 2,28x,xxx. TS, I agree with the consensus. Dive into the Level III material and reference Book 0 if need be.

mine is a 343, as in 343,XXX, because i signed up in 2002, didnt study and took level 1 just to see what it was. Didnt start back up until Dec. 07. So I look like an old timer, too.

jaydd- wow, that means you get to totally skip time series analysis. If I am correct it used to be in L3 curriculum but was moved to L2 for 2008. Good timing! I agree with other posters, go straight to 3 and use Book 0 if and only if needed.

Thanks everyone for you thoughts!