Who's with me?

this is a closed chapter…seriously…cannot do this again… band 10 …haha what a joke! August 2009 2232036 Munira I Mukadam Level 3: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 26 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Institutional 11 - - * 5 Economics 19 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 10 - - * 7 Equity Investments 17 - - * 8 Alternative Investments 15 - - * 9 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 15 * - - 11 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 18 - - * Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 18 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

hey mumu I am sorry to hear that…I failed with band 10 too…I feel your pain…hey look at it this way…we’ll be the seniors here this year !!!

Unfortunate. Going by your posts on the forum, I know that you deserve to pass much more than me.

Failing sucks…but there is always next time!

Mumu, don’t loose hope, you are this near to clear the exam, CFAI is testing your patience

Sorry to hear about you mumu and N.vancandidate. Lets pass this exam next year and get it done for once and all.

mumukada, looking at your results, you would have passed if you had handled the individual and institutional policy statement questions a little better. You did well enough to pass on every other question. Before giving up, I would ask yourself if you think you could score the same in all other areas but improve your IPS scores? I would bet you could and will pass this beast next year. N.vancandidate and drs should have passed this year. I had that happen to me on Level II and almost gave up, but a few encouraging words from some charter holders convinced me to go one more time. I am glad I took their advice.

Hard luck this time Mumu. Keep your chin up … u know u can do this…

you can do it, i failed last year at band 7. studied better and smarter this year and passed. a lot of people did it. read this and maybe you’ll change your mind: http://www.scribd.com/doc/16588637/Paul-Tudor-Jones-Failure-Speech-June-2009 good luck!

Sorry to hear that mumu. Give it some time before you make any big decisions. You know you can do it. With a little more studying you will knock it out of the park.

Sorry Mumu. Band 10 hurts, but you’re so close. Keep going.

i think band 10 guys were just unlucky. u ought to see my result. i’m a band 2. so failed miserably. i knew i had messed up the morning session, not being able to complete a reasonable chunk of the test but i now find the damage was huge. i am actually surprised with my afternoon session though coz i thought i had done a 100% there. feel like a total loser… here, check out my result. guys i think i need huge help on how to crack the am. Level 3: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 26 - - * 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Institutional 11 - - * 5 Economics 19 * - - 6 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 10 - - * 7 Equity Investments 17 * - - 8 Alternative Investments 15 * - - 9 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 15 * - - 11 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 18 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 18 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 2

sorry to hear this mumu. I am sure you will rock next year.

Look on the brightside Mumu, you get to study with me another year. Plus, didn’t they open a new test center closer to you?

Sorry to hear that Sponge.

oh snap- mumu and nvan? this level must be serious. *gameface turning on* on the plus side, i know you guys love me and stayed back in school so we could finish this out together. that’s really nice of you. sign up again and you can carry me through L3 next year on your backs. sorry to hear that you’re stuck with me again for a level. full faith both of you will destroy it in 2010. sign up, get involved people.

spongey doesn’t surprise me. he has square pants. i look fwd to getting into some heated debates over crack spreads with you this coming year big boy.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry to hear that Sponge. Wasn’t the ideal outcome, but it is balanced out with good news; wife is pregnant with our second child. Of course a March 26 due date should make studying…err fun.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spongey doesn’t surprise me. he has square pants. > i look fwd to getting into some heated debates > over crack spreads with you this coming year big > boy. We should get a head start on studying and focus on some straddles :slight_smile:

Hey Congratulations! That is good news. You won’t have to put in nearly the same amount of time next year so having a new baby in the house will be…err fun.