Resume

So what are you guys putting on your resume? “Passed all levels of the CFA Program” looks a little bit lame, any suggestions? Its going to be a while before I get my work experience approved etc

Good question. I’m in the same boat as you. I think I will put “Passed Level III CFA Exam.”

Maybe “Completed all levels of the CFA Program”?

The CFAI website is your friend. I am your sworn nemesis however. “How do I represent myself if I have passed Level III but have not met all requirements for the award of the CFA charter? You may say that your status is “charter pending,” until you complete all requirements.” http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candidates.html

What if I met all requirements and just wait for those guys to offically deliver it?

I think putting together a resume is a great idea. Especially if you’re looking for a job.

Contemplating… “Passed Levels I-III of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program, charter pending” It has to share the same line as Finra Series 7 & 63 so subject to further abbreviation…

I’ll just wait a few months… Why change it now?

CFA candidate (charter pending), passed level 3 in 2009

What’s on mine: CHARTERED FINANCIAL ANALYST (CFA) PROGRAM Charter Pending, will be awarded upon completion of work experience requirement • Passed all three CFA exams on first attempt

mentioning that you passed on the first attempt will do more harm then good

Why? If I put an mba gpa of 4.0/4.0 would it also hurt me?

I’m thinking “Passed the Level 3 CFA Exam in June 2009; charter pending.” (bolding everything except “charter pending”). I considering mentioned that I passed all exams on the first attempt, however I now agree that it comes across a bit tacky. It’ll save that info for an impressive talking point.

recycler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why? If I put an mba gpa of 4.0/4.0 would it also > hurt me? Both are impressive accomplishments, but GPA is expected on a resume. 3/3 will potentially label you as lacking tact and may result in your resume moving a few places down in the pile. If the interviewer is familiar with the CFA program, they will ask you about your experience and the 3/3 will come out anyway, so why risk it. It might seem illogical that one is acceptable resume material while the other is not, but life is illogical.

Zombie71 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m thinking “Passed the Level 3 CFA Exam in June > 2009; charter pending.” I like this line. Anyone else think this would be most appropriate and descriptive enough to make a point?

mine is c.f.a. i passed all three levels on the first try and it has made me a better stock picker

Graduate of the prestigious CFA program which proves my superior investment analysis ability

Jscott24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mine is > c.f.a. i passed all three levels on the first try > and it has made me a better stock picker you failed at being funny

I will use: “Completed all levels of the CFA Program, charter pending” Thanks for the help!

kblade Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Jscott24 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mine is > > c.f.a. i passed all three levels on the first > try > > and it has made me a better stock picker > > you failed at being funny oh sh!t you’re right