What's Next??

Having slogged so hard to achieve my charter I am left with a somewhat empty feeling. Does anyone have any suggestions what other studies would be useful/appropriate after CFA? I’m thinking of CAIA.

Take a year off and enjoy life a little… Volunteer, run a marathon, take a nice long vacation. At a minimum, you’ve endured 1 1/2 yrs or torture. Do you really want to give up another year so soon?

I’m looking at the Canadian CBV designation. As a CFA Charterholder, you get two exemptions so you only need to take four courses which they figure are about 60 hours of work each (I’m not holding my breath on that, I’m planning at least double that) and then get 1500 hours of experience in valuation which will be the challenge for me, then write the entranance exam.

I started my phd when I passed LII, for me thats the fitting next step …

thinking of CAIA next year

Thinking PRM. As a CFA you’re exempt from the first two exams. And you can take the exams pretty much at any time you want.

Learn spanish, travel

There is no reason for me to do any more designations. CFA is as far as it goes. I did do an MS in Finance during CFA studies though.

wow , are you serious!!!..enjoy your time off people…if you really want to you can study for my L3 and I will spend your free time for you…LOL Spend time with you family, friends…go out and play…enjoy your spring next year when we are slugging it indoors with CFAI books…travell…learn a new language…take up a new hobby…read non academic books…oh man list can go on for days…you get my point…do anything but study basically…

Learn a new language (my current plan…but not until I enjoy the hell out of my current free time).

I am learning Italian on my own… staring with BBC 12 week free program for beginners, but I think I will need to buy a good book, CD later.