how is everyone doing job wise?

no luck so far for me. I have one year in money management, one year in research, L3 candidate and no luck getting entry level associate jobs. How is everyone doing? just curious. Thanks

Just got laid off 5-6 months into my first job…no luck getting into an analyst position…looking into other positions…hopefully will get something… atleast I got level 3 to keep me company

There is a large oversupply of candidates and shortage of positions across capital markets positions. Unless they rebuild all the teams that were formed during the boom, which is not likely, this will persist for some time. Private equity and corporate finance job market seems to be slowly recovering.

bernie_m Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is a large oversupply of candidates and > shortage of positions across capital markets > positions. Unless they rebuild all the teams that > were formed during the boom, which is not likely, > this will persist for some time. most of us can not wait few years especially without experience in research or investment banking plus we are getting older and will be harder to get entry level associate jobs .

my check cleared for the ~230th time last week. I get paid bi-monthly.

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my check cleared for the ~230th time last week. I > get paid bi-monthly. Once every two months??

I landed a private equity job, which I am extremely grateful for. However, I did investment banking in NYC before and just finished business school. Can’t take anything for granted in this environment. Key to getting the job was not my credentials per say, but networking and utilizing all my contacts.

I need some advise. I was working for big investment bank last year and got laid off. I haven’t really looked because of the all the negative publicity. Referred by a friend, I landed a job with a small company doing some administrative work. The good part is that I can work a flexible schedule to keep the studies going, but at a half price. My Q is to you guys, is it worth it? How is it going to look on my resume when markets open up? Should I even put it on my resume ? Or take it for that matter ?

Sucks…Working as an accounting manager or a Not for Profit…a little (10%) work with the firm’s investment portfolio…thank god I got got my CPA license last month. I’m a level 3 CFA candidate. Jay