Starting Today

starting for this beast today, schweser materials arrived over the weekend. passed L1 and 2 on the first attempt so hoping for a continued trendline. who’s with me? hooaaah!!!

Started a week ago. So far I think it is very quantatative and tougher than L2. We will need to deliver something special to pass this for sure.

Did you mean qualitative?

Yeah it’s definitely more qualitative

Sorry that is what I meant.

very good. conquer we will. others have done it so so can we. what do you people recommend i begin with? leaving ethics for last.

Start with SS 3 - Bahavioral crappola. Ethics and GIPS can be done in April/May before starting practice tests.

spiffy, i like behavioral finance. A+

Good luck.

Started then stopped then started again then stopped again… Gosh L3 is boring as hell.

I’m starting today (I seem to recall saying that a week ago though…)

Guys we can do this, we are at the last hurdle. We did so well last year. I know we dont have CPK to guide up aslong but we can still acheive!

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Start with SS 3 - Bahavioral crappola. Ethics and > GIPS can be done in April/May before starting > practice tests. I agree with this approach. Not saying not to focus on Ethics…GIPS is especially important. But after studying Ethics for the past 2 exams, it gets a little grinding to start with Ethics again. You may find it easier to get into the studying groove by starting with some “new” material.

thanks all, started with behavioral yesterday. good call ! i agree - i left ethics for last for L1 and 2 and it seems to have worked out so will continue that this time.

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks all, started with behavioral yesterday. > good call ! > > i agree - i left ethics for last for L1 and 2 and > it seems to have worked out so will continue that > this time. I made it through about 10 pages of ethics…WHY??? Oh right right, all the scandals and crime…

I am taking some time off before my job change so you will hear much more from me soon. Let’s kill this thing guys. Almost done book 2…

Err is three months enough for this? I’m not planning to start till end of February. Passed 1 and 2 with 2 months give or take. People at work have mentioned that 3 is easier than 2? Umm maybe they just want me to flunk!

Three months is probably enough time, but you’re not giving yourself much wiggle room. My approach - this is the last test; I don’t want to have to take it again; don’t underestimate; pass first time. I know a handful of guys that didn’t pass L3 the first time and they all said it was because they heard it was the easiest so they didn’t put in the right amount of time.

2 or 3 months to pass this thing? You guys are WAY smarter than I am. Good luck to all, no matter when you start.

Finished book 2 today. Looking to get through the other 4 by end of March leaving me about 15 extra days (in comparison with L2) to take practice exams, review, and memorize. On a related note I miss CPK!!!