WORK EXPERIENCE

Still can’t get it approved. Can anyone please help me. Its been over 4 months and they keep rejecting my work experience (too brief and mine is way longer than their examples and more descriptive). Can anyone reach out to me that has gotten it approved because nothing I do works. More than happy to e-mail what I have written. Thanks

Tie your work experience to specific LOSs in the CBOK. Make it easy for them.

Hit the buzzwords. capital budgeting, DCF, WACC, etc…

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tie your work experience to specific LOSs in the > CBOK. Make it easy for them. This is exactly what i did. ie Apply and use situational and psychological profiling for high net worth (HNW) clients in line with CFA Level 3 2009 Reading 14 LOS B. It is not that hard to figure it out.

Are you sure it’s applicable work experience? If it’s backoffice or IT, you can’t do magic tricks to have it approved.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you sure it’s applicable work experience? If > it’s backoffice or IT, you can’t do magic tricks > to have it approved. good point +1

but IT developer in financial institution is legit work exp as per CFAI. Send an email to mcpass and mwvt who are charterholders.

^ really? You make me feel 48 months younger already.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ really? You make me feel 48 months younger > already. Here is the list - https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/charterholder/membership/jobtitles.html CFAI strategy is to allow everyone to take the exam. They know that there are many IT folks who want to move to business side (because of financial upside opportunity) and it is a huge market out there. All they are doing is selling dreams.

The magic phrase: “in support of/contributing to the investment decision making process.”

^ It has many loop holes.

I have been working in Investment Management IT (~40 months in NYC), but obviously don’t make investment decisions. Rather I don’t make decisions here PERIOD. I do what I am asked to do. Rather with these crappy H1-B rules, I might just go back home and settle for good.

I worked in Private client services for 2 years (helping manage HNW client portfolios), then moved to asset management working for a product team (mostly communicating investment strategy to clients, and getting info out about investment opportunities), and now work as a portfolio management assistant (assist with research and trade portfolio). Each job function is def CFA applicable…They e-mailed me and said that I need to be directly tied to the decision makign process for investing and it seems that from my description my role is more operational…However, I believe all job are applicable…Any more suggestions?

i specifically tied it to LOS like i had posted above. here is an example “Apply and use situational and psychological profiling for high net worth (HNW) clients in line with CFA Level 3 2009 Reading 14 LOS B.” I obviously had more descriptions but this was one.

I work in IT designing Portfolio Management software. I initially worked on the support desk at the same company. I posted my accepted work experience a while back it was initially rejected and I rewrote it. I wouldn’t actually relate it to specific LOS’s but just use the same language. Search for my name and see the language I used. That might help.

…listing illustrates the range of positions that can qualify… Accountant Auditor Professor/instructor Tat’s a blatant lie… they are never gonna accept Accounting or Auditing experience… or Do they???

ok just resubmitted work experience…corssing fingers…used all your guys’ advice…Wish me luck!! Any of you know a way I can get this process moving quicker?

I think you just have to wait now.

I searched for “Blamey” but did not find the post with the language Blamey used for his experience. Could someone please post the link?