McLeod

Please can you explain how you prepared for last year’s exams and how you made use of the materials. Plus how did you prepare yourself to handle the morning section, and what are the important tips to get handled before walking into that AM… Thanks for all your help…

You are smart to ask McLeod since he set the curve every year he took the test.

he is also ridiculously good looking and can bench 500 lbs while putting on two bond hedges. seriously, he is that good. what’s up mcleod? hope you’re well.

Hey cfasf. Doin’ good man. Starting to feel like I should be studying for something though… How are things going in San Fran?

Things are busy, but good. i’ve got cfasf baby #2 coming in september so i’ll be dealing with that for that next 18 years at a minimum. lol. but yeah. things are good. just been reading a bunch of books and playing golf to fill the cfa void. not quite ready to to take another test yet but i do occasionally miss the study/stress sessions. weird. i know.

Congrats! McLeod Jr is enough to keep me busy most of the time. I do miss the challenge of that the CFA exam provided… It actually gave me somewhat of a rush with all the stress and hard-core studying leading up to the exam. I may have to take the L3 mock this spring to make sure I’ve still got my edge.

lol. the mock exam. you are still a sick puppy. but i totally understand.

McLeod81 - What about your study strategy?

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I may have to take the L3 > mock this spring to make sure I’ve still got my > edge. That’s awesome in a twisted sort of way. If you get a copy of the mock send it my way, I’d be up for a little Level III reminiscing.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I may have to take the L3 > > mock this spring to make sure I’ve still got > my > > edge. > > > That’s awesome in a twisted sort of way. If you > get a copy of the mock send it my way, I’d be up > for a little Level III reminiscing. Nerds. ps - send me a copy edit: just kidding

I love this thread. CFASF1 - I’m going to San Fran in a couple of weeks. surprisejill at gmail dot com. Drop me a line if you would be available to meet.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81 - What about your study strategy? I pretty much spelled it out on this thread: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1115469,1116693#msg-1116693 Bankin’: It seems like we still have access to all of the “candidate resources” on the CFAI website. Just checked and the site says that the mock will be posted on May 3rd. mwvt9: I’ll be sure that you get a copy

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9: I’ll be sure that you get a copy All of the old regulars can compete for the high score, winner gets a $5 gift certificate to Javarama. cfasf, you in?

Let’s get real, here. The mock exam is going to be 95% of what we saw last year in the afternoon session so we all should crush it, especially the parts that I was very surprised by which I have since reviewed.

i’d be up for a mock exam (multiple choice only) with everyone basically doing zero preparation (or only helping people on here)… but i find i can mostly only help people with general advice anyway

In all likelihood, we have all forgotten a significant amount over the past year. I’m think a good portion of that will come back once faced with exam questions and a time constraint. Kind of like a 'nam flashback of some sort.

You guys are all nuts. But i guess i’d be in too, Bankin’. (I can supply the javarama certificate) lol. They can’t revoke my charter now, can they? Good to see all of you guys here. fasted, i replied to your email. would love to meet up if our shedules allow. mwvt, if i’m doing it, you have to do it.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys are all nuts. But i guess i’d be in too, > Bankin’. (I can supply the javarama certificate) > lol. They can’t revoke my charter now, can they? > Good to see all of you guys here. > > fasted, i replied to your email. would love to > meet up if our shedules allow. > > mwvt, if i’m doing it, you have to do it. We should do it and then grade it and the winner is the one with the largest downside deviation form actual scores last year.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > McLeod81 - What about your study strategy? > > > I pretty much spelled it out on this thread: > > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,11 > 15469,1116693#msg-1116693 > > > Bankin’: It seems like we still have access to > all of the “candidate resources” on the CFAI > website. Just checked and the site says that the > mock will be posted on May 3rd. > > mwvt9: I’ll be sure that you get a copy Thanks, McLeod. Really appreciate this…

I have decided that I would like to involve myself in the mock exam for 2010…but take the role of proctor. I think I have the proctor’s speech down pat…“This is the morning session of the CFA mock exam. We hope you have a pleasurable exam experience…cheating is a very serious offense (no kidding, a guy likely got tossed for cheating from the test center i was at)…do not glance at another candidates paper or give the appearance of doing so. If you are caught your Mock examination results will be voided and a report will be sent to, someone.”