Echo: Marathon Study Weekend - May 1,2,3

These weekly posts from philip.platt were helpful to many of us last year in level II. Now he is not with us and seems like bannisja is busy so I am going to post the same posts this year Echo: Marathon Study Weekend - May 1,2,3 Posted by: philip.platt (Date: May 1, 2009 08:50AM “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” -Sun Tzu By this point, we have all conquered one of these exams. We know ourselves and what we need to do to succeed. It is time to wage war on the CFA L3 exam, draw on our strengths, think about tactics for the last couple of weeks coming up, and staying strong. Patience, practice, persistence. Last 5 weeks to go. Lets do this baby!

Lets do this. Thanks for the post. We all need some motivational stuff to push ourselves.

Although I will be taking a 9hr flight to UK which will well almost destroy my whole of 2nd May I will try to put in around 10-15 hrs in these three days. Hoping to memorise SS 3 and SS 4 with questions and EOC’s and Videos… I wish all the best to everyone

lets do it. Schweser exam 2 and going through blue box examples from the CFAI books on tap for the weekend. Maybe the 2008 AM session if I make it though everything else.

I’m on board. My plan is to finish the readings (Ethics) and clean up all my notes so that I can start reviewing on Monday. Good luck everybody.

I’m in! I’ve read CFAI and schweser, and done all the questions in both. Still feel like I’ve got a long way to go. I suppose I’ll finally take the Scweser afternoon session of exam 1 and go from there. It’s May, time to pick it up for the stretch run.

I’m down. I’m going to knock out SS 10 & 11… hopefully Let’s do it!

Nice wake up call. Definitely needed that. I’m in.

FYI, May 3 is a Monday.

haha. I guess he just copy and pasted from the old post

hahaha My weekends pretty much suck now anyway so everyday feels like a Monday.

i’m in. Saterday - Read the Standards Pratice Ethics Book, CFAI q’s, Schweser q’s, and review GIPS. ~5-6hrs total Sunday - 2009 exam, reviewing old q’s. ~5-6hrs total

count me in skim ethics and gips again, start skimming all schweser books, start reading CFAI IPS for individual and institutional

I have a long-awaited get together with my college roommates this weekend, so I won’t doing the MSW. I’m going to try to enjoy the weekend without being too stressed out about not studying…but as soon as I get back home on Sunday afternoon, I’ll get after it.

Finishing up GIPs as we speak - then a full review day Saturday…first practice exam on Sunday.

yup! that’s the plan. I will put in 18 hrs to go over SS 9 and 10 (first time). That will conclude my first time thorough review of the entire curriculum. I will then have a month left to go over all the SS again to see how much I have retained.

Steph, I did pretty much the same thing last weekend (beer fest with old college buddies) and I am a better man for it today. Don’t even think about the books, just enjoy your time with friends and consider it your rest before this final run. We’ll be here when you get back!

I’m on board. I plan to put at least 15 hours this weekend. Today I will start my review, since I have finished reading Schwesser and taking notes for every reading.

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Steph, > > I did pretty much the same thing last weekend > (beer fest with old college buddies) and I am a > better man for it today. Don’t even think about > the books, just enjoy your time with friends and > consider it your rest before this final run. > We’ll be here when you get back! Same thing here… A three day bender never felt so good. I’ve slammed through two SS’s since then. If you have the luxury of taking some time off from studying, do it and go have some fun. It helps!

I’ve been reviewing all the old CFA exams over the last week or so. Doing a Schweser exam tomorrow…working out in the park during my break. grading/reviewing it Sunday morning, then up to Yankee Stadium for a 1PM game. that will be my downtime/relaxation period. Gotta lay off the hooch the next few weeks!! anyone else get a knot in their stomach when you see the “countdown” on the AF home page??