Pilot Frixion Pen

Anyone going to use the erasable Pilot pen for the morning session? It might make things easier.

thinking about it

What’s the whole deal with pen? Why don’t you guys simply use H1B pencils. They’re more easily erasable than frixion pens, and given that the answer box is sometime very small this can prove a lifesaver. Just my opinion… J.

I was under the assumption you have to use pen in the morning session. I also heard that people have issues with the Frixion pen, as the ink disappears when its exposed to high temperatures. Has anyone passed L3 using this pen? If so, I guess it was fine.

I’m definitely going with pencil - either one is fine.

Me too. I am sure that I will make mistakes which need to be erased. Which type of pencil should we use? I prefer mechanical.

I passed L3 with a Papermate erasable pen, which worked well and no smudging. Just don’t press into the paper hard and any erasing will come out ok, I found. This year, did CFAI specify pen or pencil? Of course you can hedge by bringing both pencil and erasable pen!

Completing Your Essay Book

Essay Answers for Level III AM Session It is your responsibility to complete the essay book correctly to ensure all information is accurately recorded during grading and your results are correctly reported back to you. When completing your essay book:

• Use blue or black ink
  • Write your CANDIDATE NUMBER and SEAT NUMBER on the front cover of your exam book
  • Sign the candidate pledge inside the front cover. Do not remove the candidate pledge card
  • Essay answers must be written in English
  • Each essay question consists of one or more parts (A, B, C, etc.). Some parts direct you to write your answer in a template. Instructions in bold print immediately following the question direct you to the page number of each template. Answer all other questions on the lined page(s) following the question. For these questions, label each part of your answer clearly (A, B, C, or i, ii, iii, etc.)
  • Answers on question pages will not be graded. You may make marks and notes on the question pages

I’m using the Frixion pen… it’s awesome. The erasing is incredible.

I have the Frixion pen. It is true - the writing dissapears if exposed to high temperature. Very funny - like from old spy films. Just place the paper above kitchen fire for a half of second and oups! no writing left.

And you’re still going to use it on the exam with that kind of risk? What if it’s left in some delivery truck in a blazing north carolina heat wave?!

What happens if you cross a bunch of stuff out using a normal pen and run out of room in the template? Do you have any options?

the spaces in templates are unbelievably vast. I will use blue pen.

okay. Just did the stove top test. Frixion ink disappeared instantly with no trace except pressure marks on the paper. I will use pen and I guess just cross stuff out if I make mistakes.

No, after that experiment I decided to use an ordinary pen.

USE PENCIL! I don’t want to be the only one! :frowning:

The writing will come back in a normal temperature…Some risks are beyond our control. Erasable pen is just a special pen. If a whole sentence of answer is wrong, just strike it thru.

wow, magic…

Hopefully anyone wondering about the value of the charter doesn’t stumble across this thread and the dozen others on a related topic.

Unless you write in 28 font, this should not require much thought. Use a normal pen! And if you want to jeopardize your three years of work with an erasable pen, go ahead.

I am not a trader, but this reminds me of a story I read about recruiting at a firm (Susquehanna, I think). One of the senior traders said that if a recruit takes more than a minute to decide what to eat at a lunch interview, they don’t get the job. It shows an inability to make a decision.

Don’t worry too much about the pen please, and use whatever you like. No panic…You can search AF and find out some pople used them and passed L3.

Again, this is my own opinion. I knew the fact of disappearing in microwave before I decided to use it.