series 7 is to cfa as ____ is to ____

For those of you here who have taken the series 7, provide your best analogy for the study requirements of the two examinations. The [study preparations required] for the series 7 is to the [study prep] of the cfa as ________ is to ________. I’m sure you have all had people ridiculously mention the series 7 when you discuss the CFA with them. This morning a guy I work with told me how he put in his study grind back when he got his 7 (25+ years ago) and I almost shit myself. Actually, strike that, I did shit myself.

apparently @#$%& translates to sh*t here at analyst forum

Snokki is to Steven Hawking.

Garlic breath to a beer fart …

romantic comedy to a bukkake flick

That’s good to hear. Actually, our broker dealer subsidiary head just asked my interest to work for their group this week. That will entail Series 7 and 63. I was told Series 7 needs 200 hours?

no way…read the book and take some practice tests. i would say 2 weeks max. exam is a complete joke

That’s good news!! It seems that we become unbeatable after we pass Level III. haha

i took 7 and 63 last april while studying L2. Not fun, but it was obviously doable

200 hours if you don’t know the difference between a government bond and a parking ticket…after CFA you will know a large % of the exam.

willispierre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i took 7 and 63 last april while studying L2. Not > fun, but it was obviously doable wow, that is absolutely impressive. would you say, L2 is harder or 7 and 63 combined is harder?

L2 by a factor of 50

willispierre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L2 by a factor of 50 The question of which is harder just made me spit my drink onto my keyboard.

thanks, guys. Now I really feel seeing some light at the end of the channel even with the 7 and 63 coming up. :slight_smile:

(continuing the funny thread… frankly, who cares about taking the Series 7 now!!!) the [study preparations required] for the series 7 is to the [study prep] of the cfa as ________ is to ________. badminton on the beach is to gang-raped in prison

no, seriously though, how hard is the series 7 in relation to the CFA ?

cakewalk.

i studied for 30 hours and got 86% series 7, series 63 only took 15 and got 91%. on neither you dont even need to study the quant and fsa type sections their so easy

got it, thanks.

readytopass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no, seriously though, how hard is the series 7 in > relation to the CFA ? There is no comparison to the difficulty. CFA is way way way more challenging if only for the amount of material needed to learn vs what is actually tested on. Series 7 is pretty straight forward as far as the material. 50% of the CFA material is subjective and then throw on top of that the way in which CFAI words and phrases the questions in order to confuse you even more. It really takes a sharp test taker to pass the CFA. And even if you happen to get a decent score on CFA it still comes down to the passing rate the CFAI decides assigns to the exam. If i remember correctly series 7 is 75%.