1 more week...how are you guys studying?

practice tests or re-reading Schweser/Stalla notes again?

Well Pippo, Qink oink oink, oink GIPS. Oink oink all the EOCs I can, then oink oink oink until the big Oink. Oink oink!

I finally finished reading the material! I took this coming week off work and am planning to do maybe 2 or 3 practice exams and do some high level revision.

I think re-reading practice tests/old CFAI tests that I’ve already done, explanations of where I went wrong, mixing in Schweser for clarification. then panicking…

practice exams only so far only accomplished 4 so far, i think recommended is 6 to 9 my marks are all over the place, 77, 82, 63, 66 just going to do to 2 more… is it just me or are schweser exams tougher?

Yeah, mostly exams for me. I’ve only taken one and half exams so far so the plan goes something like this (i’m taking the week off work): Saturday: Mock Sunday: Correct Mock + Ethics review Monday: Review Capital Expectations, Asset Allocation, IPS + do morning session of Schweser exam 3 Tuesday: Sample (not sure which) Wednesday: Correct Sample + Fixed Income/Derivs review Thursday: Drill Ethics/GIPS + Risk management review Friday: Lay on the beach + play FullTilt poker all day Saturday: Rock the CFA + get drunk

@ noytmikcap, holy oink, you’ve done 4 already? I completed 1.5 Schweser exams (which I agree, are tougher) and then freaked out at how much I’ve forgotten, and am now going back to re-reading the material.

Wow, you guys have done quite a lot of practice exams. I am going to start my first one tomorrow (Schweser exam 1)

Pippo the Pig Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @ noytmikcap, holy oink, you’ve done 4 already? I > completed 1.5 Schweser exams (which I agree, are > tougher) and then freaked out at how much I’ve > forgotten, and am now going back to re-reading the > material. yo pippo, i don’t really think schweser does a good job for L3. the exams do not allocate the material that well (eg. exam 1 booklet 1 has 3 fixed income questions in PM section) remember always to debrief. good luck, it’s the final countdown now…

After I finished Schweser Vol 1 exams - scoring around 70ish - I re-read the schweser notes from start to finish, made a billion note cards, and am going to start doing CFA mock/samples tomorrow. Rest of today is for reviewing GIPS.

I have been through all of the exams that I have. I am taking this weekend to brush up on a few things that I think will be on the exam that have not been in the old or practice exams and then reviewing some of the questions that I have had some difficulty with. I plan on going through the EOC questions on Ethics, GIPS, portfolio performance attribution, Taxes and gifting today. By tomorrow morning, I plan to go back through some of the harder questions and see how much I have retained. Assuming that I do well with all of that, I will go through all of the EOC questions again. In my daydreaming time, of which there is very little, I am spending some time trying to figure out what the “curve ball” quesitons will be that they will throw at us. I know that there will be a few, I just want to try and plan for them as much as possible. I do feel that for everything that I am picking up, something else is getting pushed back further and further into my head. I just hope I will be able to pull it out come next week. Good luck to everyone.