"CFA charter pending" allowed by CFA institute ?

“CFA charter pending” allowed by CFA institute ?

no i guess

yes, I am sure of it. Please go ahead and use it.

Have you passed all 3 levels of the program?

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have you passed all 3 levels of the program? If so, then you can use that wording.

Ashwin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes, I am sure of it. Please go ahead and use it. I know what you’re thinking …

Did you seriously pass all 3 levels and need to ask this question?

Can i use “CFA degree pending” ?

so now verdict is “CFA charter pending” allowed by CFA institute. I searched in CFA study session 1 study material and I did not find it. so I was thinking that it is not allowed

this topic is covered in detail in level 4

very funny

You can’t say that ish - either you have the charter or you don’t (and you can also specify what exams you’ve completed and if you’re a candidate, meaning you’re enrolled or waiting for results from an exam). You are not a charterholder in pending - you can’t say that. You can say you’ve passed the Level III Exam of the CFA Program, or that you’re awaiting results from it (which makes you a candidate).

There was actually a questions like this on the level 3 mock - I don’t remember the exact phrasing, but it said using “charter pending” was not a violation if you passed all three levels and have the required experience

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There was actually a questions like this on the > level 3 mock - I don’t remember the exact > phrasing, but it said using “charter pending” was > not a violation if you passed all three levels and > have the required experience At that point, one of two things would happen: 1) You’ve submitted your experience, it’s been approved, and you’re now a charterholder. 2) You’ve haven’t submitted your experience or it’s under review, and you’re not a charterholder. Right?

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There was actually a questions like this on the > level 3 mock - I don’t remember the exact > phrasing, but it said using “charter pending” was > not a violation if you passed all three levels and > have the required experience It was that which one will be against CFA guidelines or are not allowed by CFA institute ? one of the options was one person passed CFA level 3 exam and writing like Ross Geller, CFA Charter pending.

Are you asking us this because it actually relates to your life or just in a hypothetical sense? Have you passed all three levels, have the requisite work experience, are waiting to hear back offiically that you are a charter holder and in the meantime have to put something on your resume? If not the above, why are you asking?

You can state that you passed all three exams, if you have.

In order to use CFA charter pending i think you need to get the email or letter from CFAI that you can start to use the designation. I believe this occurs sometime after reults come out. My guess is during the time of results coming out and this email or letter that they crosscheck their records for each passing candidate to make sure work experience has been approved and the local chapter and cfai have approved application and all fees have been paid and not in arrears.