New ID Policy

Effective 1 January 2011 In order to enroll in the CFA Program and to register to sit for the CFA exam, you must have a valid international travel passport. The government-issued ID number on your passport and the country of issuance must be entered during online exam registration. On exam day, you must present your passport, containing the same name, date of birth, government-issued ID number, and country of issuance that you used to register, at the test center for admittance. ID requirements are strictly enforced. It is your responsibility to read and understand the instructions and requirements. If you do not present appropriate ID you will not be admitted to the test center and you will forfeit your registration fee. https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/policies.aspx

Is this a problem? Only if your passport is about to expire within one year, assuming its number will change when they manufacture a new one.

MehdiOchre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is this a problem? Only if your passport is about > to expire within one year, assuming its number > will change when they manufacture a new one. Could be if you don’t have a passport. In the U.S. many people use their driver’s license. I personally have never used a passport for the exam. I have always used my drivers license. Always handy and always with me. I suspect many people have. So I guess the bottom line is, if you don’t have one, you must get one, and make sure your current one is up to date.

True for US takers. Took it in China first two levels and used my passport, came back to the States for L3 and the proctor joked that I was fleeing the country after the exam because I used a passport instead of driver’s license like everyone else.

I used my passport for Levels I->III. Made me fell superior to everyone else.

charlottekid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used my passport for Levels I->III. Made me > fell superior to everyone else. Jason Bourne is that you?

I have three passports, which one should I use?

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > charlottekid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I used my passport for Levels I->III. Made me > > fell superior to everyone else. > > > Jason Bourne is that you? No, but i have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

agree to disagree

sct123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > agree to disagree About my books? The smell of my apartment?

I’ve just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you to stop what you’re doing and listen. Cannonball!

charlottekid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sct123 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > agree to disagree > > > The smell of my apartment? It’s a formidable scent… It stings the nostrils

It’s made with bits of real panther. So you know its good. It’s quite pungent.

Just curious, how do we change government issued passport ID in CFAI website? Recently I renewed my passport and the ID number changed, but I remembered actually that was around March 2010, way before June 2010 when I took Level 2 exam. No issue was raised on that day, but as they are getting stricter in this matter, I figured out that I need to sort this things before getting enrolled. The edit button in profile page doesn’t allow me to modify that ID number. Must I contact CFAI for their silly website?

Veast: I am in the same boat. Let me know what they say. I just renewed my passport as well.

You can still use your drivers license to get into the June 2011 exam, the first exam that you would need to use your passport for would be the Level I Dec 2011 exam or later. So we’re all safe, unless you have to retake Level III in 2012.

FinNinja: Problem is I (and onelasttime too perhaps) have been using passport as identification since the level 1. onelasttime: Since no one seems to have a clue, I will email them maybe tomorrow, will let you know about it.

onelasttime: To change your ID number you have to contact them directly either via email or service request in the candidate panel (somewhere in next level registration page after login). As for me I described my situation to them in a service request along with my current ID and they got back to me in no time. I sent a follow up query to them regarding why my ID is only displayed partially, and according to them its their policy to preserve candidates’ confidentiality. Hope that helps.