When are you 2011ers going to start studying?

I went the December - June route so basically I had to start studying for level 2 right away. This time I will have a entire year to spare however, so I’m not sure on when I would start.

February 1st.

Started :slight_smile: I’m a bit of a sped. I need the extra time.

You got the ebook I presume?

not until Jan 1, because i need to take the 7, 63, 87 before dec 31 for my job, which is a lot more important than a test, even though I’m in ER. the job always comes first, then studying

In the middle of october if I feel well rested, otherwise november.

Start reading prolly today…Just take it easy, get it all read, and try to be actually doing Q’s by January or so…

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not until Jan 1, because i need to take the 7, 63, > 87 before dec 31 for my job, which is a lot more > important than a test, even though I’m in ER. > > the job always comes first, then studying Same here CPA. How’s ur studying for the 7 going? I find it pretty easy, but really boring. Regulatory stuff is pretty terrible.

May 2011

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went the December - June route so basically I > had to start studying for level 2 right away. This > time I will have a entire year to spare however, > so I’m not sure on when I would start. I did the similar Dec/June nightmare. I’m gonna take it easier this time and allow myself a few months to breathe. I think October start date sounds about right.

Aiming for December. Need to do FRM first in November and then one week of rest to recharge.

Yesterday allong with the FRM. Out of work for now so I plan to front end load as much as possible. I’m just going to look at the Schweser videos do the Schweser EOC’s for now. Then later repeat and do the CFAI EOC’s.

Start Sept. 18. I want to have read material (complete some questions) by end of January when Schweser online class starts.

Formulating a plan of study has been a pretty important part of getting through the first two exams for me, so I’m going to work on that casually over the next few months until I’m ready to get started around Nov/Dec. I got the idea of taking the last three years of AM essay LIII question/answer samples from the CFA website and reading through them just to get a taste for what this is going to be like. I think that will then help me have an idea of how to prepare for this.

i was thinking around the holidays (christmas). Is that too late? should i move it up a month? I did the Dec-June express and want to enjoy some time off too…

I am taking two MBA classes in the fall and winter quarters. Wrapping up in late March. So I’ll probably need to start early. I’m thinking October I’ll get started.

I’m gonna start in Aug/Sept by reading the 2010 Secret Sauce front to back. From what I saw the changes are minimal, would like to at least get a high level feel for what’s in the curriculum, then dive in deep right after. I won’t have the convenient setup I had for L1 and L2 with my current work situation(management consultant, travel weekly) so I’ll need/want the extra time.

I’m thinking I’m going to start relatively soon because I have some motivation. I probably won’t be too crazy at this point, maybe 5-6 hrs/week just taking notes, strategizing, etc… I plan to go into full study mode in late Nov/ early Dec. Slightly off topic, but would anyone recommend skipping Ethics at this point like level I & II? Start in Behavioral Finance?

1st march as I did with this years level 2. Any earlier than that and I will burn myself out and drive myself craaazy. Dont know how you guys do it, picking up the books so soon after results!

I started going thru the Behavioral part , just because it seems interesting