Anyone who hasn't failed any CFA exam yet???

i haven’t failed any CFA exam yet. I barely made it on both level 1 and 2… can l cross the line again in June 2011

never failed (3/3) but that doesnt mean anything.

it means you are a genius and should list this as the first thing on your resume in all bold caps in 36 font. pat yourself on the back, you deserve it!

CFA Jay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > never failed (3/3) but that doesnt mean anything. it most certainly implies superior performance and itellect

Assuming everyone is the same and has about a 50% chance of passing each exam, then 1/8 people will pass all 3 exams without failing. It really does not mean anything.

imo chances are if you pass three exams in a row you are likely to be a recent graduate still in study/exam mode and probably havnt even been able to accumulate the 4 yrs of relavant experience. (speaking first hand having passed level 2 this june but no way near the 4yrs experience needed to use those three sacred letters after my name)

Even those that go 3/3 recognize that there is some amount of noise/luck with such sort exams. It doesn’t mean anything.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Even those that go 3/3 recognize that there is > some amount of noise/luck with such sort exams. > > It doesn’t mean anything. +1… Totally agree

2/2, was not very confident at all walking out of the level 2 exam in 2010, but actually did pretty well(only 51-70 were Alternative Investments and Portfolio Management), was floored when I saw that.

spurries Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2/2, was not very confident at all walking out of > the level 2 exam in 2010, but actually did pretty > well(only 51-70 were Alternative Investments and > Portfolio Management), was floored when I saw > that. Same here. But it does not mean anything. Level 3 is a beast and it can floor anybody. I’m not gonna allow myself to get trapped in the warmth of past victories.

it means you get to pat yourself on the back

You should definitely go to a bar and use it as a pick-up line… if you pass Level 3 on the first try I would assume you are on the verge of some major action.

going 3 for 3 means you will live a lifetime of happiness and riches. Only the elite can achieve this status.

When people hear that I haven’t failed a CFA examination yet, they usually freak out worse than the Double Rainbow guy.

^http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA I haven’t failed. I don’t want the taste of failure. We’ll see how it will turn out for L3.

I’ve passed the first two exams on the first try. If I do the same on level three, some guy will show up at my house with a big check, right? I can only assume that is what will happen.

So I passed the first two exams first try. Privately I felt pretty good about this but after all the snarky comments I FEEL NOTHING BUT SHAME, MY GOD MY LIFE IS A SHAM AND MY ACHIEVEMENTS FUNDAMENTALLY EMPTY NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I’m assuming level three is well within rights to give me a big scoop of karma. But yeah, if I pass it first try, I’ll be pleased as well.

Haven’t failed any of them yet; but I did skip the L2 exam in '09 b/c I was the best man in a wedding that day.

sbmarti2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve passed the first two exams on the first try. > If I do the same on level three, some guy will > show up at my house with a big check, right? I > can only assume that is what will happen. +1 2/2 for me too but it does not matter to much in real life. I just look forward to make it 3/3 and get it over with in 2011.

2/2 for me too. But the gap between 1 and 2 was 3.5 yrs!! 3/3 generally essentially means you finish early (not in my case:-)) and get a great start; I doubt it can be a huge boost in mid management levels (that is just the fact that u cleared L2 or L3…the knowledge gained will always help) My L1 was when i had 0.5 years of experience; was helpful in changing to my preferred field within next two months, great brand name albeit quite back office work. Ever since that, its been pretty much just the quality of work/number of hours that has helped. Pretty much forgot that there were two more levels. I am gunning again as I plan for higher studies where again I believe a CFA charter definitely helps crazy!