Work Experience - Once Rejected

My work experience got rejected for “Need More Detail” and after asking the customer service i just got a response suggesting that I should withdraw and resubmit my application with the updated work experience. I had a coule of concerns and was hoping someone here can help with their experience: - If I withdraw and resubmit a new application, does that mean that I would need the sponsors to fill out the forms again? - Is it faster to let the application proceed for an Affiliate menberhsip and try for an upgrade later? Does the local society review still takes that much time if you are already an affiliate member? Vik

call them again

One reason I’ll become a regular member this november when I get my time requirement filled is just to get this out of the way. I can’t imagine how unbelievably annoying it would be to go through this after you’ve passed level 3. Once you’ve become a regular member all that remains to do is pass level 3 and pay your dues right?

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Once you’ve become a regular member all that > remains to do is pass level 3 and pay your dues > right? You need to pay your dues to become a affiliate member. So if you sign up now you will pay for this year and again for next year. Fees can add up to $400-$500 depending on your society. I don’t think it is faster to become a regular member. Just try resubmit the work experience. I submitted mine more than once.

Thanks for your input Blamey. Did you have to ask your sponsors to fill the form again?..one of my sponsors (boss) was fired a few days back…it would rather not ask my new boss for all this just yet!!

I went though the same process when I first joined. The customer service person is correct, withdrawing your application is the quickest way. Your sponsors do not need to resubmit their forms, you just need to resubmit your work experience.

Is the approval process actually somewhat invasive and rigorous? I always figured it would be sort of a joke?

What is the process to withdraw the application. Do we need to write to the institute or is there a link to withdraw it directly. Kindly advice.

send them a mail… and they will take care of it.

Thanks CPK… Actually I have total 49 months of work experience. They have accepted 47 months of work experience and rejected the remaning work experience for the “need for more detail”. Now I have two options # 1 withdraw the application and submit a new application with more details on the rejected work experience and try to get the entire 49 months of work expereince approved # 2 Take the affliate membership and upgrade it next month when my accpeted experience, will automatically increase to the threshhold of 48 months. Kinldy advice Best Regards A

if it is only 1 month left - why not let the auto-rollover happen/ why go thro’ a withdrawal process - now?

I am also thinking on the same lines… Does the auto-rollover happens, after the approval of the affiliate menebership…I thought the application only takes the work experiences till the date of submission of the application and doe snot automatically update the work experience…

I am not sure about that… you will have to check with CFAI about that.