Level III "Notes, Flash Cards, Formula & Cheat Sheets" PDF or Word Docs

About 5 days before the June exam someone posted a great cheat sheet word doc for L2. I wish I had those notes prior to June. Just started to study for L3 any of the recent L3 conquerors have any notes, formula & cheat sheets that are word docs or pdf they could share.

What about past exam q’s .? Some af’ers have mentioned they did 2000 to 2009 exam q’s practice . Where are they available from?

They are there on the Institute’s website. We also have them all merged on PDF files. Give me time to get over the Band 9. I’ll post the link to past exams 2000 to 2009 in a few days.

I have some great notes for all 3 levels… however they are mostly in Microsoft OneNote format. (it’s a note taking program included in Microsoft Office) Not sure if you have OneNote but if so shoot me an e-mail and I’d be glad to send them to you. r.a.c.hawkins at g mail . com

I used this for Behavioural Biases. I found there were too many terms floating around Schweser and CFAI. I’m copying and pasting because i don’t want to go through the trouble to e-mail. This isn’t earth shattering, it’s a summarizing list that i developed myself and you won’t know what the terms are if you haven’t read through, but i found it an effective central location to track them as i went, i have a pretty good summary of ethics and assets manager code, if i can find it i’ll post. Behavioural Biases Heuristic One: Availability Representativeness • Winner-loser effect (past winners become today’s losers) • Gambler’s fallacy – think law of averages apply to small samples (i.e. it’s ‘due’) Overconfidence Anchoring-and-adjustment (Conservatism) • React too conservatively to new information (with respect to original forecasts) Aversion to ambiguity Heuristic Two: Frame Dependence Loss Aversion – ‘get evenitis’ Mental accounting (using separate mental accounts) Hedonic editing – framing things in a ‘better’ way • House-money effect - more likely to gamble when up • Prefer dividends as ‘silver lining’ (frame editing) Self-control – controlling emotions • “Don’t dip into capital” – OK to spend dividends … another type of hedonic editing Regret Money Illusion – people usually consider nominal, not REAL returns Heuristic Three: Inefficient Markets Myopic loss aversion – reluctance to hold stocks due to loss (typically a result of too short horizon), also due to too frequent monitoring Heuristic Biases and Portfolio Selection: Optimism Overconfidence – excess trading, think they have higher skills, suffer from illusion of control Failure to diversify – primitive understand of diversification requirements Naïve diversification – 1/n diversification, 50/50 stock bonds Home bias Biases in defined contribution plans: Bounded rationality – limits to efficient decision-making (heuristics) Status quo bias – do nothing or remain with original choices Myopic loss aversion – try to avoid s/t loss despite long horizon of plan 1/n diversification Endorsement effect Chronic Inefficiencies: Process vs Outcome Convoy Behvaiour Bayesian Rigidity Price Target Revision Ebullience cycle Psychological Traps in forecasting: Anchoring trap, status quo trap, confirming evidence trap, overconfidence trap, the prudence trap, the recallability trap

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have some great notes for all 3 levels… > however they are mostly in Microsoft OneNote > format. (it’s a note taking program included in > Microsoft Office) > > Not sure if you have OneNote but if so shoot me an > e-mail and I’d be glad to send them to you. > > r.a.c.hawkins at g mail . com Thanks for your generosity, I’m sure everyone here at AF appreciates it!

tomirna@hotmail.com :slight_smile: thanks :)))

GreenTomato Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I have some great notes for all 3 levels… > > however they are mostly in Microsoft OneNote > > format. (it’s a note taking program included in > > Microsoft Office) > > > > Not sure if you have OneNote but if so shoot me > an > > e-mail and I’d be glad to send them to you. > > > > r.a.c.hawkins at g mail . com > > > Thanks for your generosity, I’m sure everyone here > at AF appreciates it! Hey, no problem. I’ve sent them out to several people at this point. How about y’all share them around moving forward. I’ve gotten about a million e-mails haha. I hope they help you guys.

Can someone please send to treat3535@yahoo.com This is great karma… thanks!!

ULTIMATE Link for preparing… Posted by: 3rdtimesacharm? (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: August 18, 2010 01:32PM I do not condone the use of copyright materials and people should remember the ethics pledge they took in regards to copyright laws and buying/dsitributing pirated material but this site can provide you with legitimate info as well. i am not promoting this iste in anyway but someone sent me the link and it seems it can be a useful resource for candidates: http://edong.@#%&.net/vb/CFA.asp Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Report This Message•Edit Post Re: ULTIMATE Link for preparing......... Posted by: 3rdtimesacharm? (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: August 18, 2010 01:33PM the missing characters is @#%& Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Report This Message•Edit Post Re: ULTIMATE Link for preparing… Posted by: 3rdtimesacharm? (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: August 18, 2010 01:33PM e l i t e b o o k

Can someone hit me with these notes please… treat3535@yahoo.com

Somebody, kindly send the notes to afladry at yahoo dot com. Thanks

aaaaaaand away we go!

Can someone please send them to me too - makhmudov@gmail.com many thanks in advance, ibro

Can someone please send the notes to me........10abc100@gmail.com Thanks so much. Bills

Can someone please send the notes to me…krunal13aug at gmail . com Thanks so much. Krunal

Can someone please send the notes to me…mdqnc@yahoo.ca Thanks so much. Brett

As somone who recently passed L3, I would caution anyone from using someone else’s notes. Everyone learns this stuff differently. I created formula sheets for each level which I drilled daily for the last couple of months leading up to the exams. Worked very well. One of the biggest learning tools was actually creating the sheets to begin with. If you skip this part, you’re missing the point. There are no short cuts to the CFA.

Hi Can someone send Level 2 notes to sdj_kk@yahoo.com Greatly Appreciated

Hi Also me :slight_smile: Can any one send me Level 3 notes to ala.ziad@hotmail.com thnx