Work Experience... Denied

Hi all, Just noticed that my application has been reviewed by CFAI and is currently being reviewed by the local society. I can see that all of my work experience has been rejected by CFAI for not providing enough detail. Strange as I provided about 3x the detail they do on the work experience examples section of the website. Basic details of my experience: 6 months doing corporate actions for a fund administrator 6 months doing corporate actions for an asset manager ±2 years working as a front office assist type role, booking trades, preparing valuations etc 6 months doing operational due diligence on hedge funds If anybody has managed to have experience approved for roles similar to any of mine would you mind giving me some tips on how you did so? Thanks

relate it to specific LOS throughout L1, 2 and 3 curriculum.

CFA Jay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > relate it to specific LOS throughout L1, 2 and 3 > curriculum. hey CFA Jay, can you give an example in how he can relate a given experience to an LOS, from the ones he listed on his post? thanks, M.

Is it possible for the rejected people to rewrite, resubmit the details and be approved as CFA?

Yup, here’s my story: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1192043

Hey Jcole21 Thanks for the advice, read your post and will attempt a similar strategy. Just need to spend some time pondering what Investment Related tasks I performed during my first two roles! Regards

You need four years experience. You’ve listed +/- 3.5 years… I suspect your work experience as it stands is sufficient in terms of its merit. You just don’t have enough of it.

Thanks mrdjb, I did know I need 4 years but have passed the exams so thought I might as well start the battle of getting the experience approved sooner than later.