Work Experience

I know this has been asked before, but I’m still a little confused about it which is why I’m asking again. I will be registering soon for Level III and understand that while doing so one is prompted to enter work experience. I have about a year of experience but all back office consisting of trade settlements, reconciliations, corporate actions, exceptioons etc. Is there anyone on this forum who has gotten similar experience approved and if so can they please help me out. I know it’s really early for me to worry about this right now but I might as well get it done. If there is any other information which I should know please share it with me!

Hi Scoobydoo, Why don’t you put up what you intend on sending to CFAI and we can tell you what we think. I applied originally after level 1 with very brief descriptions similar to what you have included above and it was rejected. However, when I went into more detail and related my role to the LOS, and showed how it added value to the decision making process it was accepted. It’s all about showing how your role adds value to the investment decision making process. If you don’t know how to relate your job to this, perhaps you could ask your front office team how they feel your role adds value. Best of luck, Soddy.

Does account reconciliation count towards CFA work experience? How do you relate the role to an LOS? Do you quote the specific LOS? etc. I’m too am trying to get some back office work approved.