Reviewing previous levels

Guys, What are you policies/strategies with regards to revisiting material from Level 1 and 2. Obviously most of the new material builds off of previous material which is implied in the questions or even directly asked. Many study guides, do not seem to really revisit the previous levels or do only briefly. Are you guys making any effort to look at details/minutia we learned in 1 and 2? Did any of you guys that took the test find yourself in a position where something way from the past, not specifically covered in the level 3 material, came up that you hadn’t studied the entire time you prepped for level 3 but perhaps had done back in level 1 and 2?

not that I can recall

They really do not ask specific stuff from previous levels. CFAI enjoy making extremely tricky exams, but they are very generous on this aspect as they could make the tests a lot harder if they wanted to. You would be better off spending the extra time on preparing for the AM section, especially time management.

So far in my studies, I have no read anything that made me refer to previous levels. The curriculum has a way of summarizing the necessary info and then building on it to explain the new concept. Eg Fed Model, Yardeni Model.

I agree. There’s no need to look at L1 and L2 again.

Thanks guys

I agree with the others, I wouldn’t bother reviewing old stuff.

Hmmm, I will have to disagree with some of the other posters on this one. I think it might be worth it to review at least some of relevant Level 2 material for some parts of the Level 3 exam. If your background is not in finance, it might be worth it to review derivatives, currencies, CAPM and some of the similar topics. IMHO.

I simply can’t imagine that any time a Level III candidate might spend reviewing material from Level II (or Level I) wouldn’t be better spent learning the Level III material better.

onelasttime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmmm, I will have to disagree with some of the > other posters on this one. I think it might be > worth it to review at least some of relevant Level > 2 material for some parts of the Level 3 exam. > > If your background is not in finance, it might be > worth it to review derivatives, currencies, CAPM > and some of the similar topics. IMHO. Complete waste of time. Have you passed L3? If I found during the course of studying for L3 that I had forgotten something which we may have covered in L1 or 2, I just looked up either my notes or the old curriculum. This happened probably twice. Or you could waste 2 weeks reviewing a whole lot of needless crap that you’re unlikely to need in the exam.

+1 your time is better spent on L3