rigid views

Hi, all Is there any difference between “rigid views” and “anchoring and adjustment” ? thanks in advance!

The word “rigid” makes me a little uncomfortable.

Rigid views - leading to chronic market inefficiencies as people hold on to the old view despite conditions change. Anchoring-and-Adjustment - leading to incorrect projection as people anchored by prior projection, not fully incorporate the impact of new information on projection. It also lead to surprise that biased in the direction of announcement. e.g. negative information, not fully incorporate the impact, next surprise tend to be negative

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The word “rigid” makes me a little uncomfortable. Rigid… boobs! Fixed.

I don’t think rigid is the best word. It should be soft and supple yet firm. So, soft, supple and firm views.

Much better; thank you both.

Thanks you everyone! They are same meaning with regard to “hold on to the old view” or “anchored by prior projection” ? Rigid views–>hold on to the old view Anchoring-and-Adjustment -->anchored by prior projection But the context in which they are used is different ? Rigid views–>leading to chronic market inefficiencies Anchoring-and-Adjustment–>leading to incorrect projection

Hmm… don’t both hold on the previous view/projections/info ? Or is Rigid Views hold on to old views and not change and Anchoring/Adjustment b/c it is anchored by older views that adjustments do not fully reflect new information? manet_5 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks you everyone! > > They are same meaning with regard to “hold on to > the old view” or “anchored by prior projection” > ? > > Rigid views–>hold on to the old view > Anchoring-and-Adjustment -->anchored by prior > projection > > > But the context in which they are used is > different ? > > Rigid views–>leading to chronic market > inefficiencies > Anchoring-and-Adjustment–>leading to incorrect > projection