What is more powerful?

What do you think is more powerful when it comes to finding work as an equity analyst: CFA L1 and Masters in Finance, or CFA L2 without the Masters holding all other variables constant (e.g. work experience)

holding all other variables constant (e.g. work experience)

I have all 3 exams and find it difficult to even get an interview

CFA L1 + Finance MSc, I would say. I think all three levels together are roughly comparable to an MSc in Finance, but not just L1+L2.

Hi there, I’m currently exploring my career path at the moment into other areas of finance. Would someone mind enlightening me what an equity analyst does? I’m assuming it’s not the same as equity research right? Thanks!

None of the f ucking above. The Green Lantern POWER RING IS MORE POWERFUL …and I shall shed my light over dark evil. For the dark things cannot stand the light, The light of the Green Lantern! Don’t ever ask such a stupid question AGAIN. NOT ON MY WATCH.

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > None of the f ucking above. > The Green Lantern POWER RING IS MORE POWERFUL > > …and I shall shed my light over dark evil. > For the dark things cannot stand the light, > The light of the Green Lantern! > > > Don’t ever ask such a stupid question AGAIN. > NOT ON MY WATCH. Go back to playing WOW buddy

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > None of the f ucking above. > The Green Lantern POWER RING IS MORE POWERFUL > > …and I shall shed my light over dark evil. > For the dark things cannot stand the light, > The light of the Green Lantern! > > > Don’t ever ask such a stupid question AGAIN. > NOT ON MY WATCH. ABSOLUTE GOLD!!! Cracked me up!

If you wanna break into the industry, go get your MBA in Finance from a top school. If you’re already in and you want to be more distinguished and perhaps make more money, go for the CFA.

JP_RL_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you wanna break into the industry, go get your > MBA in Finance from a top school. If you’re > already in and you want to be more distinguished > and perhaps make more money, go for the CFA. Yes. You get 2 good chances to really break in. 1st- coming out of a top undergrad program. 2nd- coming out of a top MBA program. Your chances get much lower trying to break in mid-career.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JP_RL_CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If you wanna break into the industry, go get > your > > MBA in Finance from a top school. If you’re > > already in and you want to be more > distinguished > > and perhaps make more money, go for the CFA. > > > Yes. > > You get 2 good chances to really break in. > 1st- coming out of a top undergrad program. > 2nd- coming out of a top MBA program. > > Your chances get much lower trying to break in > mid-career. +1 Personally, I think an MSC is more marketable than Level 1,2,3 exams; however, I met an MSC grad when I wrote my Level 2 exam and he was having a lot of trouble as well. I think one advantage of going to a brick and mortar school is that you can use your status as a student to get an internship.

U still trying to break into finance baystreet? keep on collecting those letters you hurt bag.