Workex Help- can finance&accounting position in insurance company be approved?

Hi Guys, I feel very upset and puzzled that my experiece has been rejected. I worked in Life Insurance compnay as Finance&Accounting manager for 5 years. main responsibility is reporting, cash management, budget control, financial analysis, etc. I am sure my work product is very important to executive and investment team for investment decision making. But CFAI rejected… could anyone give some advice how to describe my work experience in a better way as an Finance&Accounting Manager? Is there somebody with similar position with me got approval successful? Could I share your experience? Many many thanks!

would leave out reporting, cash management, budget control and put emphasize on financial analysis because the former doesn’t have to do anything with investment decisions. also my guess is that CFAI is and will continue to make it harder to get work experience approved because too many guys from backoffice, IT and stuff are diluting the value of the charter…

focus on the financial instruments carried at fair value - i have a heavy accoutning bacground as well, but on their website, that seems to be the “way in” for accountants

Thank you for warm help. smileygladhands: Have you got the work experience approval?

not yet, waiting til i pass the test. Check out what CFAI has for “auditor” here: http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/membership/process/Pages/work_experience_descriptions.aspx I performed financial statement audits of companies that carried significant assets and liabilities subject to fair value accounting. I assessed the reasonableness of the valuations and assumptions behind the valuations of those assets and liabilities.

I feel your pain brother. When you work with specific elements of the core CFA curiculum on a daily basis, have a job descprition and duties that are nearly identical to those which are posted on the website and then have your experience rejected, it is extremely frustrating to say the least. And I think that cash management should clearly qualify, as it is covered in the section risk management in level three. Cash management is a very important function which involves liquidity and risk management, in fact the cash management position at our firm is filled by a guy who holds an MBA from a top 5 school, CFA, and FRM… he has one of the toughest jobs here.

I notice the description of auditor on the CFAI website. If that is acceptable, why not Accounting&Finance? many common point in essence. Maybe more stricter standard is used in current year?