1 Feb

Tomorrow is the 1st of Feb. We are getting closer. Keep your heads up. Lets do this

How far did you get with the curriculum? I plan to finish Book 2 in 2-3 days.

I’ve got approx. 300 pages left from my 1st pass. I had scheduled myself to be done by Jan 31st, but I don’t think I’ll make that. 300 pages in 1 night is a lot for me. 2nd pass I will study the examples, make note sheets and do all EOC’s. Hopefully I can complete that by end of April and then review for the last month. The curriculum is not as difficult as level II, but I fear the questions are going to be brutal. I just hope I have enough in my head on test day not only correctly, but also quickly.

Status report: -Read entire curriculum twice (once with CFA materials, once with Stalla guides). -30% of Passmaster completed. -0% of FinQuiz questions completed. -0% of End of Chapter questions completed. -0% of video lectures viewed. -First live class starts this Saturday, Feb 5th. Having issues getting adjusted to the essay format, especially in relation to IPS formulation. I look at the answer I wrote down and compared to the guideline answer, there are a lot of key points that were missing. Some of the tax formulas are also a PITA to memorize.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Status report: > > -Read entire curriculum twice (once with CFA > materials, once with Stalla guides). > -30% of Passmaster completed. > -0% of FinQuiz questions completed. > -0% of End of Chapter questions completed. > -0% of video lectures viewed. > -First live class starts this Saturday, Feb 5th. > > Having issues getting adjusted to the essay > format, especially in relation to IPS formulation. > I look at the answer I wrote down and compared to > the guideline answer, there are a lot of key > points that were missing. Some of the tax formulas > are also a PITA to memorize. Sounds like you’re ahead of the game though, that’s pretty good progress…

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Status report: > > -Read entire curriculum twice (once with CFA > materials, once with Stalla guides). absolute machine.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bpdulog Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Status report: > > > > -Read entire curriculum twice (once with CFA > > materials, once with Stalla guides). > > > absolute machine. Man from Mars

Don’t try to memorize tax formula that’s brutal… like David H said in Stalla lecture just try to get the concept and do it like a simple math then it will be much easier…it helped me!

-Read entire curriculum twice (once with CFA materials, once with Stalla guides). -30% of Passmaster completed. -0% of FinQuiz questions completed. -0% of End of Chapter questions completed. -0% of video lectures viewed. -First live class starts this Saturday, Feb 5th. That is offensive…well done. Through CFA book 1 and 2 (no ethics) and schweser book 1. doing ~half of CFA EOC ?'s and will do the rest later to stay fresh. Did a lot of q-bank ?'s for those readings.

dude if you have read the entire CFAI curriculum once you must not have a full time job or been at this for over 18 months. or you’re very smart, which is not out of the question. it takes me fooorrevver to get through the CFAI text. then you realize that 40% of it is not needed for exam purposes.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dude if you have read the entire CFAI curriculum > once you must not have a full time job or been at > this for over 18 months. > > or you’re very smart, which is not out of the > question. it takes me fooorrevver to get through > the CFAI text. then you realize that 40% of it is > not needed for exam purposes. If we only knew which 40%…

Status report: -100% of Stalla video lectures viewed. -Read 29 of 48 CFAI Readings. ( incl. all Portfolio Mgmt ones ) -Read 8 of 18 Stalla Study Sessions ( incl. all Portfolio Mgmt ones ) -0% of End of Chapter questions completed. -0% of Passmaster questions completed. I plan to be complete with Stalla guides by Feb 21st. I plan to be complete with CFAI Readings by Mar 14th. I plan to spend 2 weeks on CFA EOC Questions ( Mar. 28th ) I plan to spend 2 weeks on Stalla Passmaster Questions ( Apr. 11th ) I have 7 practice exams ( 4 previous CFA Exams - 3 Stalla practice exams ) I plan to spend the 7 weeks from Apr 11th - May 29th doing one exam each week, grading it and reviewing all the material related to that week’s missed questions. The final week - Flash Cards for terms and calcs I can’t remember and reading Schweser’s Secret Sauce and the Stalla end of chapter summaries.

holy wow, i need to get moving. on my 1st read SS10. my thoughts- finish reading by end of march, april/may for EOC q reviews/practice tests. this is a strong motivational thread. i’m being lazy.

SS8 here. Still behind :slight_smile:

SS13 for me. Going through the entire CFAI curriculum and making detailed notes (except ethics where I am just reading). Taking forever!

Ive watched about 80% of the Schweser vids… After L1 and L2, i decided rereads and notes are a waste of my time. The way my brain works, all the reading in the world doesn’t approach the effectiveness of practice questions. I plan on finishing the Schweser vids in the next week or so, then going and doing the whole qbank and Schweser eoc’s. Hopefully ill kill that by then end of march. Then the rest wlll be CFAI EOC’s and practice tests.