Starting today...

Can I pass?

fo sheezy my neezy

sure - why not, study hard though

I will start after I get back from my vacation on March 25. I’m optimistic I’ll pass 'cause I’m going to will myself to study 3+ hours a day.

Nice. I hope to pass. Work finishes at 1 pacific for me errrrday so should be no prob

Which study material are you gonna rely on for the most part, CFAI or Schweser?

Good question. Ive been just reading CFAI and taking good notes, but its taking forever. Bought scheweser for review, but I may just switch to those readings. Then for practise I plan to use CFAI end of chapter problems as well as Schweser Concept Checkers. I figure that way I won’t miss any of the CFAI exclusive problems and can save some time by avoiding reading the fluff… Thoughts?

Your strategy sounds pretty sound to me. I’ve been reading CFAI as well. At first I didn’t want to miss anything in the text, not even a chart. But it’s taking forever, just as you said. So now I only go through text that directly corresponds to the LOS’s. I will switch to schweser as soon as I’m done Vol. 2 of CFAI coz people are saying you need to read CFAI for the IPS questions. I think the crucial thing here is to make sure you leave enough time to do past exam questions for like 2-3 times and do this year’s mock and sample exams as well. So when do you plan on finishing your 1st round reading?

I read, take notes, and do end of chapters/ concept checkers as I go through. I hope to have everything read over and reviewed by the end of April, leaving a month to go take practise exams and go throught the Q-bank. This strategy has worked twice before. I tend to have trouble focusing on the material unless the exam is within 2-3 months. Here we go. yourself?

I started on May 14… now I am worried

May?