GIPs Exam Questions, Item Set or Essay Questions??

Hey guys, just wanted to hear from those who have taken the exam before or have done the practice/mock/sample exams…are GIPs questions usually tested in item set format or essay questions format? This will aid me in determining how much memory work i need to commit for GIPs…thanks!!!

Before 2007: essay 2007 and after: item set 2011: ???

Schweser suggests this has been lightly touched on in past years, but is they are asking more and more, so I would prep for an essay if not both

is GIPS part of Level 3?

essay bros, dont trust em

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is GIPS part of Level 3? I remember it being covered in L1, so there’s no way it would be covered at L3.

how are you guys tackling GIPS - i just can’t fit all this sh*t into my brain. practically punting it at this point.

Secret Sauce

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how are you guys tackling GIPS - i just can’t fit > all this sh*t into my brain. > > practically punting it at this point. I’m going to strap myself into a chair, similar to the scene from A Clockwork Orange.

i’ve gone through L1 and L2 and done rather well on both tests, and haven’t had anything give me as much trouble as f’n GIPS. i see questions and I have no “feel” for whats right or wrong, and the fact that i have to know that stuff changed in 2001 doesnt make it any easier.

you mean 2010 don’t you?

Come on guys. The CFAI material isn’t that bad on GIPS and is the primary source. It’s a high value use of study time because it is finite to the 100 plus pages of text. Doesn’t really show up much in other areas. CFA knows this, the GiPS has tricky concepts (like differences in reporting trade expenses for gross and net fee calcs), so might as well suck it up and only use CFai for this section.