Would you defer to another year?

I have been travelling on business this spring and have been otherwise very busy with work so have had a difficult time spending time doing anything more than the readings. The good: I completed all the CFA readings but for GIPs. The bad: haven’t done any of the EOC questions nor any Schweser or CFA online exams. Is 4 weeks of trying to cram practice questions sufficient. I will be able to take the last week off but realistically even with full days available my saturation point for studying is 6 hours. What would you do? I have virtually no retention of readings completed a few months back. If this is “salvageable” I’m willing to go the full throttle but wondering if its better to wait and do this right (I kinda feel one should start doing practice exams 2 months out).

You are in good shape. Knock out EOCs for the next two - three weeks. Then, work on exams for the last 10-14 days and you should be good to go for a decent shot at passing. It is easy to get freaked out by some of the posters on here who have already completed 12 practice exams and read through the material 4 times.

you already paid, what is the harm of taking the exam?

get it over with (or at least try). I am sort of in the same boat. I have been studying a good bit the past month, but will be getting married in a week and have to be in another wedding before the exam weekend. I do not want to be doing this next year.

reading ther CFAI text on your honeymoon is the NKI

What you got to loose? maybe not the kind of margin of safety you would like to have prior to the exam. but “learning by doing” for the next 4 weeks can get you there. Go for it…

there is plenty of time in a day. definitely doable with a disciplined routine.

jmac01 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > get it over with (or at least try). I am sort of > in the same boat. I have been studying a good bit > the past month, but will be getting married in a > week and have to be in another wedding before the > exam weekend. I do not want to be doing this next > year. Wow. I remind my wife what I am trying to accomplish when she asks me to pick up one of the kids. She said yesterday, “I don’t want to screw you up because I know you’re studying, but could you…”

i get this ALL THE TIME. “I dont want you to blame me for not being able to study!” not giving me any excuses. only we dont have kids so that makes it much easier i imagine

I dont really want to go I dont really want to stay

It’s probably worth going just to see the format of the exams. This alone throws many first timers off.

just do it, you dont want to hold up your life for another year if you don’t have to. Even the off chance of a pass is worth the marginal additional effort it will take. taking the exam now is good practice if you need to take it again

It makes all the sense for you to take it now. 1. Experience of sitting through actual exam and seeing what kind of questions can get thrown at you. 2. Try your best to pass, you can put in quite the effort from this point on. I know of a candidate who only started studying in early May, though she crammed 15 hr days for the whole month…it’s possible to pass though! 3. Worst comes to worst, you fail, but you know what to expect going forward, and you help your fellow cohort out by setting the curve.