Mock Exam

Oh my…I just did the CFA Mock exam (only the PM session seems to be available for some reason) and I TOTALLY TANKED! I mean it, these were the 3 worst hours of my life…I felt that I know nothing and even when I read the guideline answers all I can think is “you’ve got to be kidding me…”. Is it just be or was this ridiculously hard!!!

I got raped by it, for what it’s worth. I have done far better on all the morning sessions and even on the Schweser book 2 mocks.

i got a 68% wondering what other people got. I guessed alot on it

68% is exactly what I ended up with…whcih is a miracle given that I didn’t even understand half the questions. The writing seemed unnecessarily convoluted. I have been getting pretty consistent 72-77% scores on the Schweser exams and the 2007 and 2008 CFA morning sessions, I was really shocked at this one!

omg how do you know that you get 72-77%??especially in 2007 and 2008 morning sessions???dude you have to realise something…am a retaker and i honestly tell you there is not one chance in a million you will get 72-77% in the morning session…if you do that then you have the knowledge to get 90 in the afternoon… and thats because when you see that exam under pressure and given their weird marking this 77 becomes a 57or even lower…trust me you will see…so there is no point in calculating morning exam scores cause they are totally unrealistic… not trying to be harsh here but i tell you my honest opinion based on my experience last year…and btw the mock exam which is indeed hard it was like that last year afternoon as far as i remember,especially bonds,equities,risk management i was always between 2 answers

Same here. I got a 62%. Oddly I felt really good about it and finished with an hour to spare. Even stranger was that I got 83% in GIPS and in the asset manager codes, both of which I have barely touched. There were just some really cruel questions in there that if you didn’t read extra carefully you would’ve missed em. Like the standard deviation question where you had to first get the std. in $ terms… gay. Or the ethics question where it said its inappropriate for Rayne to act as if he were the fund… super gay. bah.

superstar I see what you mean…maybe that’s true, but I do make an effort to be really tough on myself in the scoring. I actually do feel as though I have a good grasp of the main concepts, but (and CFABLACKBELT I am with you on that) when they ask these mean little things that you totally miss out on unless you’ve read the question a million times over (sitting on your sofa rather than in the pressure cooker of an exam room)…I am royally s****!

havent taken it yet but 68% sounds decent for an exam …GIPS is whats killing me right now ( matter of fact book 6 is whats killing me)…

Are you guys talking about 2011 cfai mock?

Anyone take the Boston Security Analyst Mock offered by some of the CFA chapters around the country? Thoughts? I got rooked in the afternoon ~63%. Got 5 of 6 GIPS wrong (I haven’t really studied it hard enough yet). Morning I did about 70%.

Vegas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you guys talking about 2011 cfai mock? Yeah, the 2011 mock exam that can be downloaded from the CFAI site. I found it very hard too. Much harder than the EOC questions.

From what i’ve seen most people get around 40-50% on the morning. If you can get a 60-70% you know the stuff pretty well and if you don’t mess up PM you will probably pass. 80+ is great and i’m pretty sure some people get ~90% every year. Most people get 70-80% on PM combine that with a 50-60% on AM your looking at the min passing requirement.

BiPolarBoyBoston is bang on the money. If you get 60% on the morning and 75% on the afternoon… you are pretty close to the MPS… It is ridiculously hard to do well in the morning part! If you want reference just look at last years results… hardly anyone got over 60% using the 40/60/80 rule.

Btw. have you noticed that there are hardly any performance appraisal/attribution questions in these exams? I would have thought that this is highly testable stuff!

2011 mock is BRUTAL - totally agree, i just BOMBED IT

the appraisal stuff makes me so heated… i spent a while and stone cold memorized both the micro decomp as well as global micro decomp, and the way they ask the questions always leaves me scratching my head. What a waste of an entire day or two, might as well just abacadaba (or abacababa now i guess) this thing.

Hey superstar…did you study like a maniac last year? everyone who told me they failed last year told me they could have studied more. I don’t feel confident one bit- but I know if I fail there would have been nothing more I could have done…

Alan Severn(international diversification) case is brutal…It tests only my weak points,…, the only method to attack the first question is “Brute Force”…I was beaten like a dead horse till the end of this item set.

Started off my practice exams with the 2011 mock. Absolute alien air rape. Got about only half the questions right. Def took the wind out of my plans of studying all day.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Started off my practice exams with the 2011 mock. > Absolute alien air rape. Got about only half the > questions right. Def took the wind out of my > plans of studying all day. Absolute alien air rape sounds preferrable to june 4th …