GIPS-man Quiz #6

After a long unsuccessful track record, Jon Dirtbag, the PM of WeSuck Capital, decided to leave to start his own firm, taking his entire team and also using the same investment philosophy and process that he used at his old shop. under GIPS standards, the new firm: A) must show the actual returns from WeSuck Capital only B) must link the returns from his new firm to the history of WeSuck Capital C) may link the returns from his new firm to WeSuck Capital with appropriate disclosures

C

C

Can I know which question this come from? Assuming the PM also has the consent of the previous firm to take all documentation, the answer is ©. If there was no consent to take all documentations from previous firms, the answer is none of the above.

bell99, there is a definitive answer A, B, or C

mcap11, The question is incomplete. Anyway there is no isolated question in the exam. Multiple choices are based on vignette.

answer is B

C

disagree

I thinks it should be B. Performance track record of part firm must be linked to represent the historical record of new or aquired firm if 1) substantially the investment decision makers are employed by the new firm 2) the investment process remains substantially the same 3)records exist that document the reported performance.

This is b kiddos

Dare I say A. Isn’t returns you made while at a firm belong with that firm. You can say “I made such and such at WeSuck” but you can’t link it with the new firm.

Where are you getting these questions?

answer is B

What standard is this under? Thanks.

bell99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can I know which question this come from? Assuming > the PM also has the consent of the previous firm > to take all documentation, the answer is ©. If > there was no consent to take all documentations > from previous firms, the answer is none of the > above. totally agree nothing about the records. wrong question…

C

He could link the data of old company’s to new com. ? as long as Wesuck Capital operating (not disappeared), i thought it is not permitted under GIPS. could you expain?

I was wrong, saw the answer as B. Makes sense to relate to history not to current.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where are you getting these questions? +1,000