watch

I have never brought a watch in the past but was thinking of bringing one this year…i actually dont have one but was gonna get a cheap one. maybe im just being lazy, but now thinking not to have one as it may serve as a distraction… I want to stay cognizant of the time but not be consumed with it. Anyone else going watch-less?

I never wear a watch, and didn’t for LI and LII. Your exam center will have both flip charts as well as audible announcements. You’ll be fine if you don’t wear one. I’d say “Dance with the girl you brought to the prom”. If you haven’t prepped while wearing a watch, don’t change it. Just keep doing what you’ve been doing.

bbbbbbb b b b ut i went to the prom alone…

At least you went…going stag to the prom is the new killing it.

I wish I’d been able to respond to this sooner, and I am responding now in case it helps someone next year. WEAR A WATCH! even if you don’t normally wear one. I failed LII one year because I blew the time management and ended up having to guess questions at the end. I was counting on using the flipchart and audible announcements. Guess what, that year, they didn’t keep them up to date. I thought I had one hour forty five minutes left only to find that there were thirty minutes, if memory serves. This year I was very aggressive in managing my time and finished the am with thirty minutes to spare, by using my watch. Also at my center, they announced 30 minutes to go, but they don’t give you a 2 minute warning. Luckily I was keeping track with my watch. I had just finished changing an answer when they announced pencils down. I bet it’s happened that people were had erased an old answer and weren’t able to enter their new answer when they tell you to stop writing.

People are crazy not to wear a watch.

i wore 3 watches cuz u know…

I wore my new Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16, pretty sweet, looked at it all the time

I was in front of the section, face to face with the proctors, which made getting a bathroom break quick and easy… When dudes (and dudettes) were checking in, this one guy has a timer that was about the size of a small clock radio. They told he couldn’t use it and he was all “well can I borrow your watch???”. It was really something. The whole time, I am thinking - dude … how the heck did you get to level III and NOT know you can’t bring a portable clock into the exam???