Any good exam day stories - candidates flipping out, overeager proctors etc??

I was in front of the section, face to face with the proctors, which made getting a bathroom break quick and easy… When dudes (and dudettes) were checking in, this one guy has a timer that was about the size of a small clock radio. They told he couldn’t use it and he was all “well can I borrow your watch???”. It was really something. The whole time, I am thinking - dude … how the heck did you get to level III and NOT know you can’t bring a portable clock into the exam???

Guy in the front row laid the biggest stinkiest ripper with 15 minutes to go in PM LOL. No joke. It was priceless considering that how we all felt byt hat time.

The guy next to me had to borrow a pen…seriously didn’t know he needed one…and hes taking L3…

Hahahahah good…At my location temperature was seriously below 60 and the lights were really bad, it seems they wanna make it not only a mental but a physical challenge…During break I was just sitting outside the test room and this clown burps really loud seats by me and start reading a maxim , then his buddy comes up, he is all proud and tells his buddies, "yeah, everybodys going over schweser and Im browsing maxim during break …ahueha thinking he was so cool…I thought it was pretty funny, he was dressed up in like men wearhouse ugly shirt and black trousers, and a 20 dollar dress shoe. Looked just awful… It reminded me that in 12th grade in high school in the states a girl burped in English class pretty loud and was really cool about it… That is definitely not cool where I come from… And I saw this girl reading her schweser notes outside the test center seating in the sidewalk with no shoes, I was a little shocked there too… Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved the US, and livid here for 6 amazing years, I like it more than Brazil…but Americans in general are just not classy at all, and have really different hygiene standards than I grew up used to…Hahaha I think this post will be controversial but it’s ok!

You didn’t need a pen, it’s recommended though…

I thought it was only recommended and planned on using a pencil, but changed my mind when I read in the cover something like this exam is to be completed in either black or blue ink…

The lights and air conditioning went off at our exam center for almost 5-7 minutes – we could hardly read the paper for some time — thankfully we got 5 minutes more and just managed to complete the AM

Where wee you? In Sao Paulo 2009 lights where off for 40 min, we just sat there no way to see nothing…Then we got extra 40 min at the end…and the exam was held at. a 5 star hotel

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where wee you? > In Sao Paulo 2009 lights where off for 40 min, we > just sat there no way to see nothing…Then we got > extra 40 min at the end…and the exam was held > at. a 5 star hotel That’s real crazy dude – I gave the exam in Mumbai

mpr4437 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You didn’t need a pen, it’s recommended though… Well shit… and I felt all superior there for a minute…

the lights and air conditioning went off like 4 times in my room…we got 15 mins extra :slight_smile: the first time this happened, the proctors had no idea what to do/say…so people just continued writing before being stopped. this was in Mumbai.

reddevil_l3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the lights and air conditioning went off like 4 > times in my room…we got 15 mins extra :slight_smile: > the first time this happened, the proctors had no > idea what to do/say…so people just continued > writing before being stopped. this was in Mumbai. yeah, it was quite crazy – and I hate going to the back of beyond in Mumbai to give that exam – its a complete nightmare getting in and out

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I absolutely loved the US, and > livid here for 6 amazing years, I like it more > than Brazil…but Americans in general are just > not classy at all, and have really different > hygiene standards than I grew up used to…Hahaha > I think this post will be controversial but it’s > ok! This is coming from someone from Brazil… the origin of 2 Girls and 1 Cup. And countless sh*t eating/a$$ worshiping videos. I guess if it’s poo it’s coo

Hahaha I said it would be controversial, I take you are a little offended, and you only prove my point with hygiene and Americans … I never heard about what you’re talking about and you apparently enjoy this kind of stuff… Just ask anybody who has lived in Brazil in the U.S about hygiene standards and I bet my point will be proven right… I have countless examples where I felt that Americans care much more about just being practical and Fu*k the rest… Sorry if offended you bro… I do really enjoy the US and Americans in general

I’m actually Canadian haha

Hahaha I like you guys too…My friend from Toronto visited me in São Paulo a few months ago and had a blast…

the guy sitting next to me was like burping every 15 mins…which results I manage my time REALLY WELL!

My first time taking a level in Paris- and let me tell you, they have no idea how to administer the exam here. Soooooooo slow. I only had a 25 minute break between how long it took them to collect the AM session and dismiss us, then it was impossible to get your bag from the coat room, then there were enormous long lines for bathroom or food… by the time I wolfed something down, I had 15 minutes before I had to go sit back down in my chair again. Viva la France!

This story was posted in another thread but I am repeating it as it is more relevant to this thread. I am from Bangladesh and on the day of the exam there was a planned strike by the main opposition party. We were expecting a major showdown and there was a chance that exam would be cancelled. The night before the exam around 20 buses were burnt by the opposition activists who called the strike. Fortunately it wasn’t but CFAI gave candidates deferment/or refund option which around 40-50% candidates took. The rest of the candidates who appeared use one of the 3 strategies 1. Some traveled in ambulances which are allowed to ply even during strikes. 2. Some came to the exam center at around 6 am. 3. The last group managed living accommodations near the exam center. I came back home in an ambulance myself. We were around 9-10 people inside one small ambulance.

I was worried that we’d have that same Paris experience in London. Our AM session started 45 minutes late. Ever been sat on a plane for ages before take off? My section wasn’t letting people go to the bathroom, yet the others were. So I had a good shout at someone which I’m sure everyone around me appreciated and felt much better about things. We got an extra 45 minutes lunch break to compensate, which worked out well for getting out of the test cenre without the usual carnage at the end.