this is the most neutered board in years

unbelievably boring discussion this year… considering the massive increase in the number of people taking the exam this year, I’d expect a bit more banter here…

Nalit, that may be but where were you in the time leading up to the exam during preparation? Hardly saw any post from you then but now that the exam is over you are lamenting the fact that people are respecting the Confidentiality agreement?

and given the nature of your discussion you are pretty close to getting your results voided. so be really careful about what you write and when…

I’m going to go out on a limb and bet that Nailit’s exam gets voided. possible suspention as well.

don’t think so… what’s nailit real name? nodody knows, maybe he’s not even a candidate.

Stop harassing people! I for another one, also think it’s too quiet here. In the past few weeks, I have developed an attachment to the board but suddenly it’s gone. Where I could anchor? Finished the exam does not mean the end of pursuit of investment knowledge and we certainly want to make lives as joyable as possible too.

do so in a couple of ways: 1. do not look at the board. 2. if you do look at the board and feel like making a comment - do not DISCUSS the exam in any form or manner. 3. realize that all your choices at this point is a done deal. CFAI grading is going to be based on what they say is the right answer, again which we have no way of knowing. so chill, do not look at the AFForum till your results arrive. glacier88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stop harassing people! I for another one, also > think it’s too quiet here. In the past few weeks, > I have developed an attachment to the board but > suddenly it’s gone. Where I could anchor? > > Finished the exam does not mean the end of pursuit > of investment knowledge and we certainly want to > make lives as joyable as possible too.

glacier88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stop harassing people! I for another one, also > think it’s too quiet here. In the past few weeks, > I have developed an attachment to the board but > suddenly it’s gone. Where I could anchor? > > Finished the exam does not mean the end of pursuit > of investment knowledge and we certainly want to > make lives as joyable as possible too. If you want something to do, go read a book. I just picked up 4 from Barnes and Noble.

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do so in a couple of ways: > 1. do not look at the board. > 2. if you do look at the board and feel like > making a comment - do not DISCUSS the exam in any > form or manner. > 3. realize that all your choices at this point is > a done deal. CFAI grading is going to be based on > what they say is the right answer, again which we > have no way of knowing. > > so chill, do not look at the AFForum till your > results arrive. > > glacier88 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Stop harassing people! I for another one, also > > think it’s too quiet here. In the past few > weeks, > > I have developed an attachment to the board but > > suddenly it’s gone. Where I could anchor? > > > > Finished the exam does not mean the end of > pursuit > > of investment knowledge and we certainly want > to > > make lives as joyable as possible too. Exactly. Look at the benefit/cost here…what do you gain at this point from discussing the questions? And the cost is potentially not being able to receive the CFA charter, tossing away all the work we’ve done. You tell me. Just relax and wait for your score.

Agreed - and it should be. Cfai has made it clear they’re not ok with people discussing questions, it’s in the curriculum for gods sake. I’d love to discuss but it’s just not worth it.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > glacier88 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Stop harassing people! I for another one, also > > think it’s too quiet here. In the past few > weeks, > > I have developed an attachment to the board but > > suddenly it’s gone. Where I could anchor? > > > > Finished the exam does not mean the end of > pursuit > > of investment knowledge and we certainly want > to > > make lives as joyable as possible too. > > > If you want something to do, go read a book. I > just picked up 4 from Barnes and Noble. yeah, im gonna be a history buff for the next couple months along with being an alcoholic.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bpdulog Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > glacier88 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Stop harassing people! I for another one, > also > > > think it’s too quiet here. In the past few > > weeks, > > > I have developed an attachment to the board > but > > > suddenly it’s gone. Where I could anchor? > > > > > > Finished the exam does not mean the end of > > pursuit > > > of investment knowledge and we certainly want > > to > > > make lives as joyable as possible too. > > > > > > If you want something to do, go read a book. I > > just picked up 4 from Barnes and Noble. > > > yeah, im gonna be a history buff for the next > couple months along with being an alcoholic. better still… create history in alcoholism!!!

bpdulog, get the kindle app for your phone. You’ll always have your books with you.

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nalit, that may be but where were you in the time > leading up to the exam during preparation? Hardly > saw any post from you then but now that the exam > is over you are lamenting the fact that people are > respecting the Confidentiality agreement? Seriously, +1000. Saw no conversations or contributions involving the name “NailIt” up until day after the exam, and then all of a sudden, we’re a bunch of wusses because we don’t feel like discussing the exam content, which is specifically forbidden by our ethics pledge? Most of us have been discussing the exam to death, for months, and we now have a professionally sound reason to not discuss the exam. Give me a break.

People are probably still recovering from the shell shock of the exam itself

Guys I find this bizzare and for the record I am going to put my view here. I don’t think anyone is re-creating the exam here or wants to – although I appreciate that everyone is taking the ethics seriously. But I don’t read the ethics as stopping you from discussing concepts that you might not have understood. How will you improve otherwise? At some point you need to take stock and the time is now cos later you would have forgotten all the concepts on which you tripped. If I say that a particular question was tough, that’s not a violation. Cos I haven’t recreated the question. I am discussing a concept. Please educate me if I am wrong.

Dude, you’re a lawyer. Seriously… Spirit versus Letter… You can take any view you want. It doesn’t make it right.

soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, you’re a lawyer. Seriously… > > Spirit versus Letter… > > You can take any view you want. It doesn’t make it > right. Soddy, Thanks for reminding me that I’m a lawyer. Perhaps that’s what makes me want to debate this ethics point. I want to play a fair game, don’t get me wrong, but I also want to be sure about how we are interpreting this pointin - we shouldn’t take too rigid an approach as well. I feel discussing concepts that were tested is very much in the spirit of ethics – the point of the restriction on discussing is to not give someone an unfair advantage or re-create the method by which the CFAI sets the exam. Something that CFAI does want its members to do – and I respect that. Members however should be allowed to better their skills by evaluating their understanding of concepts. Asking them to forget the exam, is like asking candidates to forgo self-improvement. There is a thin line between re-creating the exam and discussing the concepts – but we’ll have to walk that thin line because that’s what is expected. I’m happy to be corrected on this, so can you educate me if I am wrong. Some CFAI literature on this point will be ideal.

if only you were this chatty pre june 4th …we would all have been the better

stevenevans Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Some CFAI literature on > this point will be ideal. How about your candidate pledge?