Affirmative Action Curve?

Has anyone heard if CFAI grades on a curve that helps establish an “even playing field” for diverse candidates?

This is your first post?

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is your first post? And what an awesome username. When I registered it was between Thepinkman and #ingw/12" ,

Yes and thank you. Being serious with the thread…hear this through the grapevine. Was wondering if anyone else had heard this?

No, Indians/Asians do not get a special curve.

yes, i heard they add 10-15 points based on this to make up for the language barrier. obama made them do it when he was elected

troll alert high

mcap11 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes, i heard they add 10-15 points based on this > to make up for the language barrier. > > obama made them do it when he was elected Lolz… How do they know one’s race? I don’t recall ever telling them… Are you suggesting by region maybe so they add points to say, Korea?

The curriculum is quickly becoming global rather than US-centric so I believe the CFAI is already working diligently to remove as much of the “US bias” as possible. That being said, GAAP etc. will likely always be a part of the body of knowledge because of the complexity and pervasiveness (positively speaking, for the most part) of our financial and banking systems.

besides… what’s race got to do with it anyway? Do you really think your average ‘white’ Russian knows better English than an average Indian who is brown?

CFASniper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > besides… what’s race got to do with it anyway? > > Do you really think your average ‘white’ Russian > knows better English than an average Indian who is > brown? I didn’t say it should have anything to do with it…or that it is even fair…just wanted to see if anyone had heard this.

yes the cfai is thinking of implementing an affirmative action for awarding of the charter ahead of the case being presented in front of the supreme court … http://tiny_url.com/68oxhnx

How would giving out preferential treatment to certain races/nationalities without disclosing it help establish a level playing field? Considering ethics is such a big part of the curriculum, it is extremely unlikely they would.

That would explain how I passed L1 and 2 on the first try. Nice! I knew there was something fishy there.

One of the dumbest convos on this site… and that is saying a lot.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Slash Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is your first post? > > And what an awesome username. When I registered > it was between Thepinkman and #ingw/12" , lol

On the contrary, I heard in Asia level III pass rate is way lower than average. Some guy quoted a 2009 press release showing 700-800ish level III passers (i think data was for China) but there were way way more than 2000 level III takers there.

That’s really not way below average.

It’s hard to pass a written English exam if your first language is not English.

Seriously, this by far the most moranic post. Sir, you need to take L1 first to find out yourself whether there is any affirmative action curve.