few words regarding what you do?

Those L3 candidates who recently applied for charter, if you don’t mind, could you kindly describe your current line of work please?

Buy side analyst for a small emerging+frontier market hedge fund. I am part of the Asia team and a generalist.

Foreign Exchange dealer in a Mid size Bank. Also look after Asset-liability management of bank and interest rate risk management.

Risk management actuary

Quantitative investment risk management at an insurance company.

^^ cityboy, do you have an actuarial background?

Now I am thinking, even if I pass Level 3 this year (was my 1st attempt), it was probably a waste of time for me, considering I don’t think I will be completely ever shifting away from what I do ( Business Analyst RAD Development management for Equity Derivatives (Delta 1 Traders aligned) in Large Investment Bank) into pure investment decision making. Even though, I would really love to get involved in that, I don’t take I am prepared to take a paycut that would be necessary. Also, the job market in my area is super charged, and I have spoken to a friend here in my bank who is a quant research analyst, and he felt, my earning potential will not probably improve if I switched into research (not atleast for 4-5 years). I just don’t have the patience at my stage of life. (Although admittedly, I am being short sighted) Any words of advice for me?

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^^ > > cityboy, do you have an actuarial background? I have a quantitative background, but did not specialize in actuarial sciences. My company supports both the CFA program and the actuarial exams, and I thought the CFA was more interesting and helps me more in my current job. Maybe I’m going to take the actuarial exams somewhere in the future.

Market risk management at a large investment bank

Fixed income research at a large investment bank

Private Equity

Was Financial Consultant at Management Consulting Firm. Lost my job recently due to recession.

Public finance credit analysis

portfolio manager

Portfolio Management for corporate pension plan, 401k, and health trust.

idreesz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was Financial Consultant at Management Consulting > Firm. > > Lost my job recently due to recession. we are not in a recession though

FredMC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > idreesz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Was Financial Consultant at Management > Consulting > > Firm. > > > > Lost my job recently due to recession. > > > we are not in a recession though Define ‘We’, please. And NO the United States is not the world.

Int’l equity analyst, small- and micro-cap value fund.

CFASniper Wrote: > > Define ‘We’, please. > > And NO the United States is not the world. lol cuz.

Portfolio manager: Midcap equity fund, Large Cap equity fund, SMA, Fixed Income Fund in an emerging market.