band 10. how do you motivate yourself for next attempt

failing band 10 sucks. if you fail atleast fail spectacularly like band 0. band 10 is so close.

That’s unfortunate. Take a vacation and try again next year.

the worst scenario i expected is fail with band 10…

I failed in Band 10 last year (with about 270 hours of studying). It gave me motivation to push that much harder since I was so close. I put in 330 hours of studying this year and passed.

daalroti Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > failing band 10 sucks. if you fail atleast fail > spectacularly like band 0. band 10 is so close. same here Daalroti…Band 10. thinking of 2013…

I failed level 2 my first attempt and was a band 10. If you were a band 10, it doesn’t take much to get over the hump. I didn’t study much at all the second time I took level 2 and passed it quite easily. If you study a decent amount, you’ll kill it next time.

me too as level 2, same site, same first time, same band 10 :frowning:

I was band 10 last year, passed this year. This year I took a much different approach to the exam. I realized I almost passed last year, so don’t look at it as you have to restudy the material again. You likely knew enough to pass but one small mistake could have cost you the exam. View the next round of studying as a refresher. Keep all of your notes. Remember, it won’t be as intense next year because you already know the material!

Band 9 here. I thought my essay part was ok, but it turned out… i don’t know, anything wrong with my writing? I did level II twice, first time is band 10, second wtih all > 70%. i know i may pass with good score for next time, but that sucks!

wow i thought the frustration would decrease with time but am getting icnreasingly frustrated every damn minute ! aaaaaaaaaaaaargh…

I am band 10 fail too. Just got to try harder and nail it . The mix of q’s was probably wrong for me this year , and I did poorly in the essay q’s I am eager to check out the essay q’s and answers when they publish it in spring 2012.

I was in this boat for L2. Take a two week break and go at it again. Life goes on.

as name shows, band10 last year, wasnt well-prepared (schweser only+little EOC q, 2-3 old exams and only take friday off before exam, start Feb). If you didnt try hard enough, no excuses, however, the bitter failure could be a good lesson for you for a long time, that might be a good thing. Since you are almost there with so much effort, why give it up so easily? ask yourself have you tried your best this time? if not, do it another year, you can make it. 2010: FAIL Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 35 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 25 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 * - - 4 Economics 14 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 15 - - * 6 Fixed Income Investments 18 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 20 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 17 - - * 9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 12 - * - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - * 2011: PASS Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 23 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 26 - - * 4 Economics 23 - - * 5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 6 Fixed Income Investments 19 - * - 7 Equity Investments 22 - - * 8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 - - * 9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 16 - * - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management - Execution 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

I always think it is the best to marginally pass the CFA exams. That is why it took me three times to pass level 3. My advice always give 100% and do not test your luck.

I have the HIGHEST respect for anyone that picks themselves up from this and gives it another attempt. I know I wouldn’t be able to put myself through this one more time. So to all those that have done so, or intend to, hats off to you guys. It shows a lot of character, and a lot of courage to be able to do that.

never forget my mate told me once you can tell the character of a fighter by when he/she has been kncoked down by a vicious uppercut …its easy to stay down expected even…but the ones that are special they get up thy dont even know why, they get up they just know they must fight on, press on, victory is within their grasp…good luck all

@daalroti, so whats it going to be? am a fellow Band 10er myself…still debating 2012 vs. 2013. but some of these posts have gotten me leabing towards 2012. thanks guys.

Band 10? Just do it…again…

I will probably re-register. primary motivation is not the designation but the my inbuilt resistance of quitting. if I have already run 25 miles than why quite in the last mile. In terms of cost benefit analysis, re-registering is a irrational decision because, for all the things I need CFA for, I already have it. I am already CRO of 40 billion dollars fund, so CFA is not going to take me any further. At this level, I am not looking CFA for job or recognition, as I have both. It is that I do not like to leave things unfinished and I hate loosing. so yes, I will re-register, and do it again even if I fail next year. Question I am debating is that should I take one year break before re-registering, clearly because I am in no hurry.